Cannibalized

The posts that Orions were being cannibalized for parts reminded me of other instances of this, such as that by the 1990s, there weren't parts available for New Looks any more, and thus some were cannibalized. How is it determined that one is scanvenged to help another (as opposed to the other way around)?

Exactly right !

Locked engines will sometimes be replaced from a bus that we purchased "used". Frame damage or rot in an area that is "structural" is to dangerous to repair..... thats a parts bus. When we got the "seattle artics" we had put in a few engines from the ARTIC 7000's we had since they were the same and a few had "locked up" shortly after we got them. The 2 Orions we have outside of 103rd had major frame damage and the engines were taken out of them. They were inside the building, but were taking up valuable room. If Im not mistaken..... Pace gave us them 2 buses for "parts". I dont think they were ever on the street by us.

The pics that I posted were not of the 2 Orions at the 103rd garage, the pics that I posted were taken in New York. (I posted them so you would have a basic idea of what an Orion looks like after it's been ''cannibalized''), Photos taken by www.hopetunnel.org

P.S. Tio jesi: Besides explaining pictures, you should give attribution if you are using someone else's material. Here, RITPA helped you, but the next person may claim a copyright infraction. (After all, you thought that the Pace MAN bus picture might have been real, and the impression you gave, but corrected, was that the bus at issue was at 103rd, not Brooklyn.)

I was going to guess with regard to its fleet number, but hopetunnel.org helps us out by saying it is 8812. That is in the range I guessed, and the RN25 run number also indicates that it was last used by a private contractor out of Rosemont.

P.S. Tio jesi: Besides explaining pictures, you should give attribution if you are using someone else's material.

I don't mind, as long as someone isn't profiting off of it or taking credit themselves (not that I'm the greatest photographer; maybe I should let someone else take credit!).  I should point out that busfan's avatar also appears to be one of mine:

x4923r.jpg