Train Tracker Map Issues

jtrosario

Two issues:
1) This issue occurred on both Green line trains to Ashland/63rd and now Red line trains to Ashland/63rd. The Ashland/63rd station is not showing up as a stop for all SB trains. They all show Ashland/63 as a destination, but not as a stop on their list of stops. Also, they all "disappear" off the map BEFORE they pull into Halsted. All other destinations in train tracker(including Cottage Grove), show up in the station list for their respective train runs. (NB trains are showing up O.K. starting at Ashland/63)SB trains should be showing up when they stop at Halsted and at least part way towards Ashland/63 before disappearing from the map.
2) South of Roosevelt, all SB Red line trains are showing up on the map following the subway towards the Dan Ryan up until about 18th(which is off route), and then "jumping" over to the 35th-Bronzeville-IIT station(which is the correct tracks). SB Red line trains should be showing up on their newly assigned route from Roosevelt to 35th-Bronzeville-IIT.

Sounds like issues that I've observed happen early on on Bus Tracker when a reroute is under a long-detour like the Red Line is under now or permanent reroute. Especially issue number 2. Bus icons would be shown following the old route for a short part of the way then suddenly "jump" to the correct route. The glitch would have been corrected after a day or so, no more than a few days.

Sounds like issues that I've observed happen early on on Bus Tracker when a reroute is under a long-detour like the Red Line is under now or permanent reroute....

Made me look at an altered route, in this case 71. It was showing buses up to Garfield, but the blue route line was "as the crow flies," while the buses were on State.

At least it wasn't the usual "the bus is off route so it disappears."

R routes were not there.

Two issues:
1) This issue occurred on both Green line trains to Ashland/63rd and now Red line trains to Ashland/63rd. The Ashland/63rd station is not showing up as a stop for all SB trains. They all show Ashland/63 as a destination, but not as a stop on their list of stops.....

They do show up as departures from Ashland 63, both on the map and the station pulldown.

Is you question that they aren't showing up as arrivals?

post-14-0-16794700-1368977898_thumb.jpg

post-14-0-31756600-1368977914_thumb.jpg

To clarify Issue #1:

1) A correct Green, listing Cottage Grove as its destination AND last stop.

2) A correct Orange, listing Midway as its destination AND last stop.

3) An incorrect Red, listing Ashland/63 as its destination and Halsted as its last stop (also applies to the train in fron of it)

4) An incorrect Red, listing Ashland/63 as its destination and Halsted as its last stop. This is the furthest West along 63rd ANY train will stay on the map. It will disappear West of here(Stewart & 63rd) before getting to Halsted, a full mile and a half before the Ashland/63 stop. (Of course, why wouldn't it stay on train tracker - Halsted is the last stop) And that's the glitch - Halsted ISN'T the last stop.

5) An incorrect Green - same as #4 - taken late last week. This glitch isn't a Green or Red glitch, it is an Ashland branch glitch. All trains WB on the Ashland branch "fall off the map" 1/2 mile E of Halsted(specifically at Stewart) and are missing Ashland/63 as a scheduled stop.

post-1196-0-68317000-1368986935_thumb.jp

post-1196-0-18112400-1368987648_thumb.jp

post-1196-0-46314200-1368987671_thumb.jp

post-1196-0-22546400-1368987684_thumb.jp

post-1196-0-45802800-1368987700_thumb.jp

Sounds like issues that I've observed happen early on on Bus Tracker when a reroute is under a long-detour like the Red Line is under now or permanent reroute. Especially issue number 2. Bus icons would be shown following the old route for a short part of the way then suddenly "jump" to the correct route. The glitch would have been corrected after a day or so, no more than a few days.

You called it, issue #2 is resolved with train tracker now showing Red line trains moving SB on the correct tracks from Roosevelt to 35th.

You called it, issue #2 is resolved with train tracker now showing Red line trains moving SB on the correct tracks from Roosevelt to 35th.

And any issue of it not showing arrivals at Ashland-63 seems fixed.

post-14-0-88652600-1369079948_thumb.jpg

Speaking of Purple Line trains on Train Tracker, I noticed that Howard doesn't appear as a next stop arrival when you're looking at the next few upcoming stops for northbound Purple Expresses if you're say for instance you're physically on a train and want to gauge how long it will take you to reach Howard as I was doing Tuesday morning. I wanted to get a feel of how long it would take me to finish some errands I was doing that morning. As I was tracking how far away I was from different stops from a time perspective, I noticed the next few stops approached listed would never go past Belmont, and then once the train actually and passed Belmont list of stops jumped the Evanston stops but never showed Howard and how long before reaching Howard from different positions the train passed.

• Upvote 1

Speaking of Purple Line trains on Train Tracker, I noticed that Howard doesn't appear as a next stop arrival when you're looking at the next few upcoming stops for northbound Purple Expresses if you're say for instance you're physically on a train and want to gauge how long it will take you to reach Howard as I was doing Tuesday morning. I wanted to get a feel of how long it would take me to finish some errands I was doing that morning. As I was tracking how far away I was from different stops from a time perspective, I noticed the next few stops approached listed would never go past Belmont, and then once the train actually and passed Belmont list of stops jumped the Evanston stops but never showed Howard and how long before reaching Howard from different positions the train passed.

Hmmm...Interesting...

• 1 month later...