Former Bus Operator Coming Back

Hi all

I worked as a PTBO for almost a year. I resigned to return back to school. I recently went through testing and an interview. HR said 4 weeks to know a decision. It was my mistake not asking any questions. My question would be does anyone have any experience with leaving as a part time operator for some years and then coming back as a rehire. How long did it take? Were you able to keep your last salary? etc. Thanks

Hi all

I worked as a PTBO for almost a year. I resigned to return back to school. I recently went through testing and an interview. HR said 4 weeks to know a decision. It was my mistake not asking any questions. My question would be does anyone have any experience with leaving as a part time operator for some years and then coming back as a rehire. How long did it take? Were you able to keep your last salary? etc. Thanks

If you resign and get rehired you have to start at the bottom of the barrel but you will keep your badge number. The only way you get to go back to your previous salary and position is if you were discharged and win arbitration.

Sorry.

Thanks for replying! I thought that was the case. That's why I didn't ask HR any questions. I mean its so hard finding a new job out here as a new grad if and when CTA hires me back I will be so grateful just to be making a living.

I dont have a problem with starting over. Glad I can keep my badge though. I thought I would have to take a 60K badge! Lol. Does it still take 3 or more years to be full time?

And I live out south but I would rather be at NP again where I started. Please don't put me out west or on the south side again lol

• Upvote 2

• 6 months later...

Thanks for replying! I thought that was the case. That's why I didn't ask HR any questions. I mean its so hard finding a new job out here as a new grad if and when CTA hires me back I will be so grateful just to be making a living.

I dont have a problem with starting over. Glad I can keep my badge though. I thought I would have to take a 60K badge! Lol. Does it still take 3 or more years to be full time?

And I live out south but I would rather be at NP again where I started. Please don't put me out west or on the south side again lol

In my case I came back after 28 years. Got back same # (21808) which confuses a LOT of drivers! Making FT took almost 4 years, but of course that included being laid off for 8 months in 2010. Got layoff notice BEFORE I was out of training, by the way.

Why would you want to be at NP? And work yourself to death on Clark, Broadway and Sheridan? I love it at 103rd!

In my case I came back after 28 years. Got back same # (21808) which confuses a LOT of drivers! Making FT took almost 4 years, but of course that included being laid off for 8 months in 2010. Got layoff notice BEFORE I was out of training, by the way.

Why would you want to be at NP? And work yourself to death on Clark, Broadway and Sheridan? I love it at 103rd!

well #team103rd lol but thats incredible to comeback like that after 28 years and that badge number makes me jealous lol

• 1 month later...