Thor Industries bus business sold for $100 Million

I didn't know Thor Industries sold their bus business recently. http://busride.com/2013/07/thor-industries-announces-sale-of-bus-business-for-100-million/ I guess they want to go back to making RV's. I thought they made nice buses though. I wonder if this will affect the Pace contract?

Thor's official statement is at the bottom of the linked article.

I didn't know Thor Industries sold their bus business recently. http://busride.com/2013/07/thor-industries-announces-sale-of-bus-business-for-100-million/ I guess they want to go back to making RV's. I thought they made nice buses though. I wonder if this will affect the Pace contract?

Thor's official statement is at the bottom of the linked article.

Allied's site is here.

It shouldn't affect the Pace contract, since like when NF took over NABI, existing assets and liabilities will be assumed. I don't know if it makes sense that the Thor bus business is worth less than NABI.

This may have an effect on mutual funds with investments in Thor, since the RV business is more cyclical.

So I guess Allied takes possession of all the assembly plants or else it would take too long to setup the line over again. I was kind of surprised Thor sold the business. Their buses seem to have a future, but I guess the deal/money was too tempting. Maybe New Flyer is just too big a market to compete with for the small fries.

So I guess Allied takes possession of all the assembly plants or else it would take too long to setup the line over again. I was kind of surprised Thor sold the business. Their buses seem to have a future, but I guess the deal/money was too tempting. Maybe New Flyer is just too big a market to compete with for the small fries.

Sure they get all the existing assembly plants.That seems more obvious here than in the NF-NABI case.

If you go back to the Allied link, it appears that they are essentially an acquisition company with all sorts of manufacturing, including ambulances (5 brands), fire trucks, port vehicles, RVs and RV components, small school buses, and sweepers. There doesn't seem to be any overlap with ElDorado National. In fact, all the overlapping ambulance and RV brands indicate that Allied isn't much into consolidation (although I'm sure that their workers may say otherwise).