1000's

trainman8119

I rode number couldn't tell ya on x49 from Berwyn to the Western Ravenswood station. Part lazy and part to see the difference from the prototype. The driver liked it. He said it ran fine but couldn't compare it to other Flyers. The red LED sign was broken and the dinger was so quiet I couldn't hear it from the back doors. I thought it was broken too. The driver said he heard it just fine. I want my ding! One supercool thing is you can see the mileage in the speedometer. The bus I was on already racked up over six thousand miles. Many of them on the way to the city I'm sure.

Head to Berwyn with a chair to get your pictures. I see the new buses on Western almost every time I'm out now.

Mapquest has 485 miles from St. Cloud Minnesota to 7800 S. Vincennes Ave. in Chicago, so the other 5500 are undoubtedly local service. Also. the drivers don't want the ding because the "Stop Requested" turns up on a dashboard light and the Clever Devices system. Doesn't do the riders' auditory sense much good, though.

P.S. (totally off point) I installed IE7 and the type seems much darker. I'm sticking to Firefox for this, however.