Metra Electric cars in Lake County?

I was with my dad earlier, we were heading north on the Tri-State, just north of Lambs Farm, and on a siding nearby we saw a bunch of Metra Electric coaches sitting there.

Dad couldn't get his cell quickly to have me take a picture, though. All the times I've told him to put it away have come back to haunt me I guess.

Anyone know what they would be doing there?

I was with my dad earlier, we were heading north on the Tri-State, just north of Lambs Farm, and on a siding nearby we saw a bunch of Metra Electric coaches sitting there.

Dad couldn't get his cell quickly to have me take a picture, though. All the times I've told him to put it away have come back to haunt me I guess.

Anyone know what they would be doing there?

Old (painted sheet metal) or new (corrugated steel) ones?

Only thing it sounds like up there is the Fox Lake branch of the Milw N. line. CN's EJ&E line would be south of Lambs Farm.

The cars are along a storage track along side Fox Lake spur from under I-94 to Rondout. Metra uses that quite frequently to store recently retired highliners there. On Flickr, Metra 614 aka Keith Pokorny has several nice photos of Metra delivering cars there. Link : http://www.flickr.com/photos/19531332@N03/9886082416/

• Upvote 2

Yes, they were the older cars, painted sides. I forget sometimes that Metra has newer stainless steel cars, as I think I have only ever seen them in person maybe once or twice.

Yes, it was the Fox Lake spur. For some reason, could not think of the line's name or owner earlier.