Drivers on cell phones?

ryanbytes

I have seen one driver on break at Midway using one of the hands free devices. I am guessing they are for cell phones.

Operators cannot use cell phones while driving so either the drivers you saw are violating the rules or the devices might have another purpose.

-Ryan Balla

• 1 year later...

I have seen one driver on break at Midway using one of the hands free devices. I am guessing they are for cell phones.

Operators cannot use cell phones while driving so either the drivers you saw are violating the rules or the devices might have another purpose.

-Ryan Balla

It was probably a Bluetooth handsfree set, many drivers who don't follow the rules are using them these days since it is not as noticeable :)

It was probably a Bluetooth handsfree set, many drivers who don't follow the rules are using them these days since it is not as noticeable :)

I'm seeing this a lot again. It just started up in the last couple weeks. So far there's been no actual phone use while driving thankfully.

HI I'm a new member from Kedzie garage. To set the record straight bus operators are not to have any type of cell phone equipment on them while operating a bus. If the MDT ujit is inoperative and operators need a phone they must swecure their bus and exit it to use their phone.

I have been pleading with my co-workers to put their phones away. It's only a matter of time before someone has an accident. The next time you see one of us on a phone, hand held or otherwise please get the run and bus number and report them. The're not taking it seriously.

Some of those drivers over there don't care. I'm just only a passenger but I've seen alot of them from that garage who uses the phone, even those earpieces on their left ear figuring the supervisor won't see that when they are talking on the phone. They are urging customers to call that yourcta hotline to tell on these drivers who are using the cell phones. Supervisors really need to crackdown on the drivers that's using those cell phones and write them up. The shocking thing about that is that most of those drivers that use their cell phone, now I'm talking about any driver in the system, they figure that they would get away with it and they won't get caught.

Yes cell phone use has become a bit of a problem at Kedzie garage, especially with younger drivers talking with their girlfriends. You really see it a lot on the 12 Roosevelt route. If you really need to talk to your girlfriend that much, stay home so you can see her face as much as you want. My safety isn't worth conversations that you can have when you're on break or off work. People in cars drive bad enough because of cell phone use. We don't need someone driving a 40 or 60 foot bus adding to the problem. I can excuse those who pull to side of the road to talk to control and report a problem they may be having a problem with their bus. Everyone else give it a rest.

Guest metralink

Yes cell phone use has become a bit of a problem at Kedzie garage, especially with younger drivers talking with their girlfriends. You really see it a lot on the 12 Roosevelt route. If you really need to talk to your girlfriend that much, stay home so you can see her face as much as you want. My safety isn't worth conversations that you can have when you're on break or off work. People in cars drive bad enough because of cell phone use. We don't need someone driving a 40 or 60 foot bus adding to the problem. I can excuse those who pull to side of the road to talk to control and report a problem they may be having a problem with their bus. Everyone else give it a rest.

This is really going to help the Moving Beyond Congestion cause for more funding. I'm also sure the amount of phone use equates to the behavior of the operator. Sometimes bus operators are their own worst enemies messing it up for those who really want to do their best job possible. No wonder transit gets a bad rap