Wishful Thinking

jtrosario

**** I am really seeing things that aren't there **** This is what I WAS going to write, until I realized the Brown Belmont sign is just really clean, well-lit, this photo is very clear, and I'm projecting wishful thinking on my visual input:

"Ummm, now I'm really confused. Is THAT a 2600 series with LEDs? Does that mean the Blue Line's 2600s are at least going to get color LED signage in the near future like the rehabbed and/or re-signed 3200s, matching what the 5000s we currently have throughout?

Seriously, the only thing I personally think the Blue line needs before getting 7000s in the future are the new signs. Oh yeah, and a lot of maintenance and spare parts to keep the 2600s running a while longer."

**** of course that's not an LED sign, duh, but the current Blue line signs are looking scrappy in comparison to even this Brown Belmont sign - anyway, one can still wish... ****

(from "CTA 'L' rosters" thread)

Here a two shots of #842 on Sept. 10. They were posted to Facebook ChicagoL by Christopher Rinker.  He says that despite the run number, the train ran in the run spot.  Grand and second is 33rd St.  I will try to shoot 98th yard.  Since the summer they have used all the tracks all the way east on the Bishop Ford...the fence track!

I can't response to Busjack...you know why.

11885229_1030772130290235_55230959908784

Edited by jtrosario
changed "Orange Belmont" to "Brown Belmont"

Thanks. Just happened to notice an "Orange" Kimball sign (in reality Brown) blown out photo here:

http://www.transitchicago.com/ravenswoodconnector/

It also has a "Pink" light just right of the sign (in reality red?), so I'm editing my "Orange Belmont" obvservation to "Brown Belmont"

Edited by jtrosario
clarity