Chicago Transit Board Meetings On Youtube

BusHunter

I didn't realize they now show the CTA transit board meetings on Youtube. They even have a live stream of the October meeting in progress now. Didn't know Youtube did live streams. I tuned in for a few minutes, it's actually kind of boring, but if your curious as to what's going on or interested in things coming before the board, i guess it can be interesting.

I didn't realize they now show the CTA transit board meetings on Youtube. They even have a live stream of the October meeting in progress now. Didn't know Youtube did live streams. I tuned in for a few minutes, it's actually kind of boring, but if your curious as to what's going on or interested in things coming before the board, i guess it can be interesting.

That's a result of another state law. You can make a board stream, but can't make it deliberate.

There is a page on transitchicago.com, but the video is on YouTube. I sat through about a minute of one, but figured I could look at the pdf of the Financial Report much quicker than have some staffer drone on about it.

That's a result of another state law. You can make a board stream, but can't make it deliberate.

There is a page on transitchicago.com, but the video is on YouTube. I sat through about a minute of one, but figured I could look at the pdf of the Financial Report much quicker than have some staffer drone on about it.

Plus wouldn't anything that's been approved go to the ordinances tab on CTA's site. That's a way quicker read. Since they had the October meeting today, maybe they'll finally release the 2016 budget. I'm mostly curious as to when the #4000 artics are scheduled for rehab, what happened with the #3200's rehab (they have had the parts to do it since early in the year) and how they plan to replace 270 buses at FG with 125 Novas. I still say 65 #6400's will not be retired just yet.

Plus wouldn't anything that's been approved go to the ordinances tab on CTA's site. That's a way quicker read. Since they had the October meeting today, maybe they'll finally release the 2016 budget. I'm mostly curious as to when the #4000 artics are scheduled for rehab, what happened with the #3200's rehab (they have had the parts to do it since early in the year) and how they plan to replace 270 buses at FG with 125 Novas. I still say 65 #6400's will not be retired just yet.

The board wouldn't have any idea of the latter.

Since the board and subcommittees are rubber stamps, but have to post their agendas, there isn't any surprise, and it doesn't appear that there is any big purchasing decision this month.

Also, on the issue of the budget, there seems to be a distinction between the Pace board authorizing release of the budget (see its agenda) and the CTA President releasing "The President's 201x Budget Recommendations" without any board action. Remember when Claypool was 2 months late a couple of years ago after settling the union contract? Anyway, the board does not decide where buses go, and the best you can do is hope that the budget, when released, contains some tea leaves. At least there usually is a narrative portion in a budget book.