Track Schematic

rivkid

Hi everyone!

This is my first time posting on this forum, but I noticed on the Internet that there wasn't a current or accurate track schematic available. I compiled everything I could and used Google Maps to try to make a new one, and I've attached it to this post. I'm sure there are some errors, but let me know what you think! Feel free to use it to make more detailed diagrams as well (I can send it in SVG, EPS, etc.) Thanks!

Chicago Track Map.png

• Upvote 4

I should give credit where credit is due: the map is based in large part on Michael Calcagno's map from the nycsubway website. I will add that to any future versions of the map. Thank you for pointing that out- that is my bad (and a big one at that).

I did not intend for the map to be to scale- rather I just wanted to illustrate the locations of crossovers, pocket tracks, and the like, though the link that briman posted seems to do that much more clearly than mine. I was not aware that map existed; I guess it makes mine pretty useless.

Thanks!

Anyone know if a similar map exists for the Washington DC metro? The only ones I know of are made by John Cambron and, while very detailed, are not to scale.

You could use Google Maps for scale and the track maps for proper schematics; that's what I do with CTA to get an accurate and scaled replication of the system

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...