St Louis Car #1 Returns From The Dead

BusHunter

Did you guys see on Chicago "L" facebook they have a post on car #1 being saved from Erie,Pa's GE shops to Seashore Trolley Museum? Whoa, I thought that was long gone. Too bad IRM didn't get it. they could have painted it candy apple red and had something iconic. Although in the comments they say that it was looked at and was deemed to far gone to save with only a cineston controller intact. GE had removed all it's high speed equipment. But really I don't think that matters as a museum is not going to run it at high speed. As long as it can run that's all that matters. At least someone has stepped up to the plate and tried to save it. Bravo for them!! :D. I'd rather have it saved by anyone than by no one. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/120452714691417/?fref=nf

(just pan down a few posts, i can't seem to link the story directly)

36 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Did you guys see on Chicago "L" facebook they have a post on car #1 being saved from Erie,Pa's GE shops to Seashore Trolley Museum? Whoa, I thought that was long gone. Too bad IRM didn't get it. they could have painted it candy apple red and had something iconic. Although in the comments they say that it was looked at and was deemed to far gone to save with only a cineston controller intact. GE had removed all it's high speed equipment. But really I don't think that matters as a museum is not going to run it at high speed. As long as it can run that's all that matters. At least someone has stepped up to the plate and tried to save it. Bravo for them!! :D. I'd rather have it saved by anyone than by no one. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/120452714691417/?fref=nf

(just pan down a few posts, i can't seem to link the story directly)

From that, it is going to a museum, just not IRM.

Also, whoever was a commenter there had the incorrect reason why it was at GE. As CERA 115 page 59 pointed out, it was sent there as a test bed for chopper control.