PACE bus deadheads

MRChiCity

Good afternoon, I would like to know why PACE buses often display two sings when deadheading, "Not in Service" and "To Garage?" Is the main difference between the two being that the "To Garage" sign is displayed when returning to the barn and the "Not in Service" sign is displayed when other dead head moves are made? Thanks 

5 hours ago, MRChiCity said:

Good afternoon, I would like to know why PACE buses often display two sings when deadheading, "Not in Service" and "To Garage?" Is the main difference between the two being that the "To Garage" sign is displayed when returning to the barn and the "Not in Service" sign is displayed when other dead head moves are made? Thanks 

You answered you're own question.

• Haha 1

Also NOT IN SERVICE when a shuttle, such as 623, goes back to the pickkup point, such in the p.m. 623 Glen  Metra goes out of service  at the Metra station to go back to Allstate. When it is done at about 6:30 p.m., it becomes TO GARAGE, even though it goes to the Lake-Cook holding pen.

• 4 years later...

I'm still wondering about garage allocations. I was driving west on Golf with a TO GARAGE on my tail, and an OUT OF SERVICE heading east. With all the talk about short staffs and long blocks, since the buses were going in and out of service in Evanston, wouldn't it make sense to move such trips to NS?