Neglected weather elements

sht6131

I pass Rosemont yard eastbound several times per week. There is a 2400 attached to a flatcar with the south doors wide open. I could not see the number but if it is one of the preserved cars, its a heck of the way to keep it preserved from the weather.  Just nit picking.

2 hours ago, sht6131 said:

I pass Rosemont yard eastbound several times per week. There is a 2400 attached to a flatcar with the south doors wide open. I could not see the number but if it is one of the preserved cars, its a heck of the way to keep it preserved from the weather.  Just nit picking.

While on the Dan Ryan L, I see that there's almost always at least one Metra coach sitting on the west side of the 47th St. Rock Island shops with it's doors open, often for months at a time.

I believe those would be part of the 2400's assigned for work-duty, not necessarily the 2400's that belong to the "preserved" historic fleet. I heard from a worker based out of the Rosemont Yard that the 2400-series cars laid-up in that yard are currently not working. If I remember correctly, they need to get to Skokie Shops for repairs.