Oak Lawn Bus Service, 1967

I was looking at some footage of the 1967 Oak Lawn tornado   I saw some still shots of buses mangled, crushed and overturned. What bus system was this that operated in this area at the time?  I know today is Pace Southwest Div. 

32 minutes ago, CTA5750 said:

I was looking at some footage of the 1967 Oak Lawn tornado   I saw some still shots of buses mangled, crushed and overturned. What bus system was this that operated in this area at the time?  I know today is Pace Southwest Div. 

Suburban Transit Service. There are various references to it having acquired replacement old look buses.

STS was best known for having FANTASY CHARTER headsigns.

Suburban Transit System had one main route from 63/Halsted via 63rd, Morgan, 87th, Vincennes, 95th with branches via 95th to Kean, 95th-Ridgeland-111th-Harlem-127th to Cal Sag, 95th-Roberts to 106th. Also from 63rd via Cicero to 103rd and from 63rd via Cicero-79th-Narragsnsett-87th-Central to 103rd.

Tornado destroyed 11 buses, all old-looks used on school trippers. Replacements were 11 5105's from Columbus OH.