CTA Bus Tracker Including Pace

XE NewFlyer

Due to the increasing amounts cta bus routes getting taken over by pace. I was thinking, what if Pace Routes were included on CTA bus tracker. I know there would be some legal issues involved but if Pace agreed or the tracker was on the RTA site it would make traveling a lot easier. Pace could also create its own tracker. I know there is the ventra app but it can't be viewed on the computer. So the computers in building lobbies that say arrival times wont work with the ventra app.

36 minutes ago, XE NewFlyer said:

Due to the increasing amounts cta bus routes getting taken over by pace. I was thinking, what if Pace Routes were included on CTA bus tracker. I know there would be some legal issues involved but if Pace agreed or the tracker was on the RTA site it would make traveling a lot easier. Pace could also create its own tracker. I know there is the ventra app but it can't be viewed on the computer. So the computers in building lobbies that say arrival times wont work with the ventra app.

Depends what is using what probably. CTA bustracker is using clever device info but pace has IBS. I don't know what the bus shelter trackers are using though cause those will actually show pace buses that share that stop. (I.e 381, 352, 850 all show up on city bus stop trackers)

The technology is already here. The amber BustRacker display @ Cicero and the Eisenhower shows arrival times for southbound CTA and Pace buses.

It would definitely help if one was waiting for a southbound bus at Harlem and North Aves (which has included me), and pondering if the next bus was a #90, #307, or #318? :O