Private operators (corporate changes, etc.)

Busjack

In addition to the corporate changes mentioned in connection with stickers and numbering on privately owned but Pace specification paratransit vehicles (starting here), it was reported that Transdev (formerly Veolia) is taking over First Transit. This doesn't include First Student. Locally, this means that paratransit operations might be consolidated, but not whatever feeders remain. What's surprising is that neither US operation is owned by First Group, but by EQT Infrastructure, a private capital group.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2023 at 2:39 PM, artthouwill said:

NORTHWESTERN  had a route operating between the Evanston campus and the downtown campus which was a Pace route,  but Pace actually contracted with Royal American to operate the service.   Eventually Pace bowed out ( or was cut out) and Royal American contracted with Northwestern directly.  Royal American sold to Free Enterprise and apparently still operate that service.   I don't know what carriers operate on campus only service for each campus.  

Free Enterprise also operates the downtown campus to downtown Metra station shuttles for Northwestern University and CTA sort of competes with the 120 and 221 rush service .  Northwestern doesn't subsidize that.

I thought I saw something else under the driver's window. It's hard to tell, because the Intercampus Shuttles are wrapped for NM Medicine.

BTW, Free Enterprise is part of National Express. Wracking my brain, the sign may have said "We Drive U." That's the NEX entity that operates university shuttles. Free Enterprise System is apparently now only a charter coach business in Indiana.

• Upvote 1