Modified and New CTA Bus Routes That I Wish Existed in the Far Northwest Side

urbanguy0508

Guest ChicagoRail
5 hours ago, urbanguy0508 said:

Here is a web map of new/modified CTA bus routes that I wish existed on the far northwest side of the city.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=157GdOhyN2ccInGdkrwduJJ0ZvVmGPyQ&usp=sharing

I made these for fun as I understand some of these ideas probably aren't feasible to operate. 

How about 81W West Lawrence/Higgins? By your drawing of the routes, two routes (81W West Lawrence & 88 Higgins) combined into a circulator between Jefferson Park & Cumberland Blue Line Stations. 

Also, 92H Foster/Harlem operating between Jefferson Park Blue Line Station & Touhy/Overhill via Foster & Harlem.

64 Foster (or Harlem)/Canfield Circulator via Harlem, Foster, Canfield, Devon, Avondale, & Harlem, terminating at the Harlem/Higgins Blue Line Station.

1 hour ago, ChicagoRail said:

How about 81W West Lawrence/Higgins? By your drawing of the routes, two routes (81W West Lawrence & 88 Higgins) combined into a circulator between Jefferson Park & Cumberland Blue Line Stations. 

Also, 92H Foster/Harlem operating between Jefferson Park Blue Line Station & Touhy/Overhill via Foster & Harlem.

64 Foster (or Harlem)/Canfield Circulator via Harlem, Foster, Canfield, Devon, Avondale, & Harlem, terminating at the Harlem/Higgins Blue Line Station.

This doesn't make sense.  The reason 92W Foster was eliminated was because of its proximity to the 88 Higgins.  

There used to be a 64 Foster/Canfield  " circulator" which also got cut due to low ridership

As @Busjack has already noted, the 90N North Harlem was eliminated because it was determined that Pace could handle that stretch of Harlem alone, and now Pace doesn't deem that stretch worthy of service due to low ridership.

The 81W West Lawrence had its weekday routing extended to cover the East River Rd portion of the 69 Cumberland/East River route it eliminated.  The 331 already covered the Cumberland portion of the route.   

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, artthouwill said:

As @Busjack has already noted, the 90N North Harlem was eliminated because it was determined that Pace could handle that stretch of Harlem alone, and now Pace doesn't deem that stretch worthy of service due to low ridership.

Are you referring to Pace's 423 route?

https://www.pacebus.com/route/423

Are there plans to eliminate it?

1 hour ago, krzysiu221322 said:

Are you referring to Pace's 423 route?

https://www.pacebus.com/route/423

Are there plans to eliminate it?

Yes and no. Asw I indicated Pace deemed 423 adequate without adding any service even after 90N was cancelled.

Also, this would have been clear if people didn't scatter posts all over the place.

• Upvote 2