Spring 2024 Rail Pick

renardo870

On 6/17/2024 at 4:51 AM, scotthilly said:

but to say this is just service cuts and worse is entirely wrong. Sorry, but green line every 50 mins from one branch that goes 2 miles is not impactful compared to brown / blue rush additions.

Careful - that alone can be a Title VI violation.

On 6/17/2024 at 6:51 AM, scotthilly said:

Someone referenced this is another thread and I wanted to chime in. This new schedule is absolutely, 100% an improvement.

im a rush hour brown / purple line commuter and there’s trains approaching twice as often. I’d get to Armitage at 7:45 and it’d be 7/12/20 min waits. Now, it’s more than not 2/5/8/12. Same in the afternoon; trains are running at least 50% more and are rarely crush loaded. A few weeks ago you’d have to let them go by, during rush, at merchandise mart and at armitage.

Saturday service is also better and the schedule is legitimately followed. With that said, the 25 min gaps on Saturday / Sundays is quite brutal.

but to say this is just service cuts and worse is entirely wrong. Sorry, but green line every 50 mins from one branch that goes 2 miles is not impactful compared to brown / blue rush additions.

Fifty minute rush hour service in any part of the city is wrong.   The Green Line branches were receiving 15 minute rush service. 24 minute midday service and 30 minute late night service frequencies.  A fifty minute gap in rush hour service is unacceptable.   You wouldn't be happy with that  don't expect others to be happy with it because you're getting 3 to 5 minute frequencies at their expense. 

The Blue Line Forest Park branch has a 30 minute gap.  I guess it's better than 50 minutes but not good enough for the third largest city in this country.