Orion Retirements.

jesi2282

All ten of them, so far. I don't know the exact details offhand, but I think the new U of C service (excluding route 192) requires around 15-18 buses (including spares). Right now, there are 8 Optimas in service, so the Orions are needed.

There is some discussion (but no resolution) on whether the service will operate out of Archer or 103rd for the winter pick. It probably will not be decided until very close to the start of the pick.

There is no reason to hang onto those buses for the 28/X28.  Stony Island does not require narrow buses, therefore there is no need to keep them around once the Optima fleet is delivered in sufficient numbers to meet U of C's needs.

I don't mind if those 10 or so stick around past the completion of the Optimas...I mean, North Park might need those buses, and adding another 10 to the current order of 45 (or 120 depending on how you want to put it), wouldn't help. If there are arguments that some garages have shortages, then you might want to keep those around a little longer...but not strictly on the 28/X28 routes.