Cta 1000s at bus and truck

pace2322

Fires happen. What I would be concerned with on these buses if that many have bad frames. That is usually a death knell with buses. Remember the original Flyers...they stopped in the 1600's after 1624 because there were a number of bad frames and CTA didn't like how they were being fixed. If I recall, the order was cancelled sometime during receipt of the 9900s and CTA told them to give them 25 more (1600's) and keep the rest. Also remember Pace's experience with frames on the Grumman's. Also, has NABI corrected the problem they had with frames on the 7500's that was keeping them from getting final payments on the CTA order. And since these buses are a year old or less, would they not be under warranty ???

Do you think that Chicago Bus and Truck has them because it is warranty work? I was going to ask what South Shops is doing if the work is being done by Bus and Truck.

As to the warranty, the presentation on exercising Options 3 and 4 says on page 6 that the powertrain has a 5 year warranty and the frame beams 12.