CTA Nova 6813

This morning on my way home from the firehouse, I spotted #6813 involved in a rear end collision NB Central ave. at Giddings.

The bus was hit in the rear by a GMC SUV. The bus was slightly damaged on the driver side rear corner. The suv front end was demolished!

This morning on my way home from the firehouse, I spotted #6813 involved in a rear end collision NB Central ave. at Giddings.

The bus was hit in the rear by a GMC SUV. The bus was slightly damaged on the driver side rear corner. The suv front end was demolished!

That poor Nova, is that bus going to be rebuilt?

I heard that happened the same thing earlier this year on #79th street on one of 6400s, I believe it was 648_, I wonder is that bus been rebuilt.

That poor Nova, is that bus going to be rebuilt?

I heard that happened the same thing earlier this year on #79th street on one of 6400s, I believe it was 648_, I wonder is that bus been rebuilt.

In my opinion since the buses are only 5 to 7 years old they should be rebuilt sometime in the next few months mainly because they haven't gone through mid-life rehab yet. While on the part of Flxible #5492, I can not explain why they repaired it and placed it back in service even though it is a bus that is in the process of getting retired. Why waste the money for the new parts? But it's OK with me if #5492 is still happily running at North Park. Rock on #5492!

In my opinion since the buses are only 5 to 7 years old they should be rebuilt sometime in the next few months mainly because they haven't gone through mid-life rehab yet. While on the part of Flxible #5492, I can not explain why they repaired it and placed it back in service even though it is a bus that is in the process of getting retired. Why waste the money for the new parts? But it's OK with me if #5492 is still happily running at North Park. Rock on #5492!

Most likely because whatever broke on 5492 was probably a simple repair job (not being a mechanic, I don't know what all is involved in fixing the suspension when the bellows blow). It's not like they had to rebuild the engine and put a new transmission into the bus. I doubt they "wasted" money on the parts. More likely, the parts were already in stock (some of these parts may be common with the 6000-series fleet, and thus a stock would still be on hand in the system anyway).

Most likely because whatever broke on 5492 was probably a simple repair job (not being a mechanic, I don't know what all is involved in fixing the suspension when the bellows blow). It's not like they had to rebuild the engine and put a new transmission into the bus. I doubt they "wasted" money on the parts. More likely, the parts were already in stock (some of these parts may be common with the 6000-series fleet, and thus a stock would still be on hand in the system anyway).

It's great for the CTA that they didn't waste money and it's great for me (and Buslover88) that #5492 is still running on the streets for North Park.