Protective Sheilding for the Operators

busfan4022

In a related story, the Sun-Times reports that a bus driver was punched by an 82 year old man in Chinatown over a fare dispute, and the police had to taser him.

However, as sw is sure to point out, how would an 82 year old get into a fare dispute? Aren't they supposed to get free rides? Didn't he have his card with him?

In a related story, the Sun-Times reports that a bus driver was punched by an 82 year old man in Chinatown over a fare dispute, and the police had to taser him.

However, as sw is sure to point out, how would an 82 year old get into a fare dispute? Aren't they supposed to get free rides? Didn't he have his card with him?

Here is an update from the Tribune. Seems his card didn't register and that fueled the fire.

• 1 month later...

How does the second one keep heat in if its only a third of the size as the first one?

I forgot to mention..the second one, is a good sneeze guard, from the passengers who have no regard for our personal health. (I just lean back, and spray my lysol at that point)

It looks like the one in the first picture is hinged outward. Is there anything keeping a thug from reaching over the farebox and pulling it open? Or do they figure that it would take a thug too long to figure that out?

:lol: In one sense, you'd be giving the said thug too much credit Busjack. It takes a certain amount of rational thought to take a long enough time to know what to look for and take time to try and reach in and unlock the shield door. I do however see what you mean though. One of these thugs would have to be really determined to attack the operator to take time to think rationally long enough to think to try to reach over the shield. Fortunately though in that regard these thugs don't have that much rational thought in their heads.