Double artics

busride29

Now that the funding crisis is somewhat over, we need to think about these super crowded bus routes, routes that are so in demand that our regular artics can't handle. it will be good if cta got some double artics in its fleet. and if we do it soon we might be the first city in the US to have them. take a look at this.post-317-1202427487_thumb.jpg

Now that the funding crisis is somewhat over, we need to think about these super crowded bus routes, routes that are so in demand that our regular artics can't handle. it will be good if cta got some double artics in its fleet. and if we do it soon we might be the first city in the US to have them. take a look at this.post-317-1202427487_thumb.jpg

While an 80 or 90ft. Articulated Bus might help with the overcrowded routes, it would not be probable to have on some of the routes they are on, as this video captured by two young females indicates that some drivers have problems with manuvering just a 60ft. Articulated.

CTA Video of how NOT to drive a Articulated: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYV0OlY-pBk

Unless something like that is on a BRT right of way, I don't see how it works. The rear would be whacking parked cars, or couldn't get near a bus stop. If it is a pusher, I don't see how it gets around in snow like we had yesterday (even though the picture shows some snow).

Of course, I couldn't see the point of the YouTube, other than the speculation in the comments that the joint was stuck.