I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I want to introduce myself. My name is Josh, and I stumbled onto this site through links from other sites. I took a quick look through and was impressed so I joined up. I am from Southern California, 60 miles east of L.A., in San Bernardino. I am also a member of BusTalk.net, which is a site like this but dedicated to NY buses. I look forward to participating in this forum.

Welcome, I guess this the right time to introduce myself also. My name is Jarrett. I'm from Pittsburgh Pa. I also stumbled here from links from other sites. Also i'm a new member of bustalk.net. Oh yeah, I love the gillig advantage low-floors. That's my favorite bus since the orion v. I'll share a few pics of our buses. That 1992 maybe 93 orion v cng bus is retired now since 2001, it was real slow and very loud as well as the other four that we had. The rest were diesel. I have pics of all of the buses that we have ever had. if you want to see, let me know.

• 1 month later...

Hi folks - another BusTalker here. :D

I post on various bus, transit and railfan boards. I'm originally from Boston, but now live in Syracuse, New York. In addition to a general interest in transit operations and history, I've also been a photographer for over 25 years (some of my pictures can be found in my Bus Talk photo gallery here. I've visited most of the major transit systems in the Northeast, plus Toronto and Montreal.

I have yet to do any serious photography in Chicago, but I hope to get there in the next year or so. I passed through the city on my way from O'Hare to South Bend just last week - I was on a business trip, and seeing all those El trains, CTA and PACE buses, and Metra and CSS&SB trains without having my camera was torture!

Thanks for having me, and I look forward to participating.

Jim D.

Don't worry - you'll be hearing from me before I make my big Chicago trip!

I didn't even have time last week to stop off at a station to watch a few buses and trains. That's the worst part about business trips - there I was, stuck in afternoon rush hour traffic on I-90 and seeing dozens of CTA buses going here, there, and everywhere, and me with no camera. No time for fun. :(

Most of my trips tend to be scheduled tight like that, or I'll be traveling with other employees. A couple of years back, though, I did bring my old Nikon camera to Chicago with me on one of my trips. I ended up with a couple of hours to kill, so I parked the rental car at Cumberland and took my very first Chicago L ride to the Loop. I took a few pictures at several stations, but the afternoon turned overcast and it began to rain. I remeber seeing MAN articulated buses from one of the Loop stations, and I'm kicking myself now that I didn't take 10 or 15 minutes to go downstairs and catch a couple of bus photos. Oh well.

Jim