More Pace buses for sale

jesi2282

It looks like Pace is selling more buses, they are selling Orion I's (8900, 2000, 2100 and 2300), Ikarus 416, Chance RT-52 and Eldorado Transmark. 55 buses in total.

I have to find out how to bid on one.

I looked at the list, but will analyze it later.

5750: Go to Pacebus.com, pull down Business Opportunities, then Active/In Process Bids, then find Sale of Fifty Five (55) Used Transit Buses. Click on the link to the left, fill out the registration form, and then click download, then read the bid documents.

Since 4 of the 2300s are former Academy, you probably know the condition of some of what is being disposed. It also verifies your prior posts on Academy being short, and why Academy got 4 Elgin 6600s (and also probably why North got 2 ex Highland Park ones). I wonder if that was originally intended by Pace.

It's your business, but why would you want one? They are going to be expensive to maintain(registration, special plates, insurance, maintainance, diesel fuel-costly in this market). Plus, you need a CDL with Air Brake knowledge in order to drive it.

Don't get me wrong; I'd like to own a bus like 1606 if they ever got it running. But the maintainance and upkeep would kill me.

It's your business, but why would you want one? They are going to be expensive to maintain(registration, special plates, insurance, maintainance, diesel fuel-costly in this market). Plus, you need a CDL with Air Brake knowledge in order to drive it.

Don't get me wrong; I'd like to own a bus like 1606 if they ever got it running. But the maintaince and upkeep would kill me.

Well theres no doubt the maintenance and upkeep of a bus would be a bit of a challenge but I was a CTA bus driver for 7 years and I currently work as a part time Pace bus operator for Colonial Coach Lines so I do posses a CDL with air brakes and pass. endorsement, I have held a CDL certification for 11 years. I would be interested in an Ikarus 416 but if I had my choice it would be a Nova Classic.

I looked at the list, but will analyze it later.

5750: Go to Pacebus.com, pull down Business Opportunities, then Active/In Process Bids, then find Sale of Fifty Five (55) Used Transit Buses. Click on the link to the left, fill out the registration form, and then click download, then read the bid documents.

Since 4 of the 2300s are former Academy, you probably know the condition of some of what is being disposed. It also verifies your prior posts on Academy being short, and why Academy got 4 Elgin 6600s (and also probably why North got 2 ex Highland Park ones). I wonder if that was originally intended by Pace.

There are 3 Academy Orions up for sale. The conditions of Nos. 2308 and 2376 are pretty beat up, 2373 not sure, it drove ok up until a couple of months ago. But its good to see whats available. I think I will take a trip to the Pace garages to view the equipment.

There are 3 Academy Orions up for sale. The conditions of Nos. 2308 and 2376 are pretty beat up, 2373 not sure, it drove ok up until a couple of months ago. But its good to see whats available. I think I will take a trip to the Pace garages to view the equipment.
I remember seeing 2342 on 696, but that was before that route received the 6600s. Subsequently I saw it sitting in the South Holland yard, so it may have been out of service by the time you were employed there. I wasn't sure about 2308, but you confirmed that.

I remember seeing 2342 on 696, but that was before that route received the 6600s. Subsequently I saw it sitting in the South Holland yard, so it may have been out of service by the time you were employed there. I wasn't sure about 2308, but you confirmed that.

Yes #2342 was gone by the time I got hired, I didnt know Academy had that bus. I drove 2308 about two months ago. From what I was told #2293 was to be removed from the roster but as of thur. I still see it running. We seem to be getting more NABIs as the Orions slowly disappear.