Strange Sighting

redlinerider

On the way home today I spotted a peculiar sighting while riding the Brown Line. Right before Chicago a train consisting of 4 2200s and 2 2600s passed by with a Not in Service sign. Right before we got to Armitage a train of the exact same consist passed us as well, both were going south.

Any ideas???

On the way home today I spotted a peculiar sighting while riding the Brown Line. Right before Chicago a train consisting of 4 2400s and 2 2600s passed by with a Not in Service sign. Right before we got to Armitage a train of the exact same consist passed us as well, both were going south.

Any ideas???

Sounds like normal for the Purple Line.

I meant 2200s, forgive me.

Now lets see, 2200 series cars, Not in Service southbound on the NS Mainline, hmmm sounds to me like they were coming from Skokie Shops possibly heading to the Paulina connector to head out on the Blue Line, thats a probablilty. "Good work my dear Watson!" :)

• 2 weeks later...

I would think this would qualify as strange:

This afternoon around 12:30 or so a string of 6 cars southbound in Downtown Evanston near Davis Street. Train consisted of 2 3100's, 2 2200's and 2 3000's all signed for O'Hare.

I'd lay money that those trains were coming from Linden Shop after having received a deep cleaning. A recent episode of Connections and a June Trib article mention that the trains are being cleaned at Linden. In the Connections piece, they say that the Red Line was almost done and they were moving on tho Blue Line trains. That would explain why you saw the Blue Line trains in Evanston

I'd lay money that those trains were coming from Linden Shop after having received a deep cleaning. A recent episode of Connections and a June Trib article mention that the trains are being cleaned at Linden. In the Connections piece, they say that the Red Line was almost done and they were moving on tho Blue Line trains. That would explain why you saw the Blue Line trains in Evanston

Hey, I saw that episode sometime ago and I never thought of that concept for the mysterious Blue Line car sightings. Excellent memory! :)