Pace/Acadamy

New Flyer

:angry: Are their any other divisions out there that subcontract have trouble cashing your pay checks like we do. Our checks bounce all the time ? Just curious.

We did have that problem I remember. It hasant happened any more recently. M y check bounced as well but Colonial did issue me a new check.

We did have that problem I remember. It hasant happened any more recently. M y check bounced as well but Colonial did issue me a new check.

I used to work for a company that had a Pace contract. I heard other drivers complain about their checks bouncing but mine didn't. I took the extra step of going to the company's bank on payday to cash it. That was a situation of the company's mismanagement and the only thing Pace may have been guilty of is withholding or reducing payment because that company was not fulfilling its duty properly.

That said, if the checks were issued by "Academy," then there could be some issue with Pace. Consider that contract bids are budgeted and the unforeseen spike in the cost of diesel fuel over the summer without an increase in disbursements from Pace could contribute to a cash shortage. However, a "Colonial" check shouldn't bounce unless there is a serious financial issue with the company.

That said, if the checks were issued by "Academy," then there could be some issue with Pace. Consider that contract bids are budgeted and the unforeseen spike in the cost of diesel fuel over the summer without an increase in disbursements from Pace could contribute to a cash shortage. However, a "Colonial" check shouldn't bounce unless there is a serious financial issue with the company.

5750 never said exactly what the status of Academy was, except that it was the entity under which Colonial was operating the Pace contract. There may be an issue of alter ego status between Colonial and Academy.

However, clearly Pace would have no responsibility, since the people at issue are not employees of Pace. Also, fuel costs would not be an issue, because Pace supplies the fuel to the contractors for use on Pace routes. Presumably that is to avoid taxes, but, in any event, the contract price does not include fuel. (My source is the RFP for the Wheaton contract, which I downloaded).