696 Destination Sign

trainman8119

Saw a NABI on the 696 southbound near Randhurst this morning.

This is what the destination showed:

696 Golf to (flip)

696 Arlington Hgts to (flip)

696 Woodfield Mall

I think whoever programmed this one either has been in the office

too long, called the RTA for info, or was just in la la land !!!

696 Golf to (flip)

696 Woodfield Mall

Most of it is the current style, but the Golf appears wrong.

In any event, that seems a change from NW Transp. Center, although the schedule indicates that those to Harper College don't go there. Didn't it indicate Harper College, or did it take too long to flip for you to see it?

Most of it is the current style, but the Golf appears wrong.

In any event, that seems a change from NW Transp. Center, although the schedule indicates that those to Harper College don't go there. Didn't it indicate Harper College, or did it take too long to flip for you to see it?

Nope, saw the whole thing...just those 3 lines were on it. Funny thing though, is the route goes on Golf Road very little, and that is after going through Arlington Hts and Rolling Meadows. I think the entire sign is screwed up and incorrect. Just go back to 696 to Woodfield (or NWTS) and leave it at that !!!!

Nope, saw the whole thing...just those 3 lines were on it. Funny thing though, is the route goes on Golf Road very little, and that is after going through Arlington Hts and Rolling Meadows. I think the entire sign is screwed up and incorrect. Just go back to 696 to Woodfield (or NWTS) and leave it at that !!!!

Which would leave the next question for our friends at Academy:

Does someone from Pace come around with the computer to change the signs, or is it done by radio control through the IBS system or the like?

696 Golf to (flip)

696 Woodfield Mall

I noticed working the route, that display is on all the NABIs, it is never used. What it normally displays coming from Randhurst is "696 Harper College" or "NW Trans Cen". The 696 route does not at all travel down Golf Rd. It only crosses Golf leaving and entering Wdfld.

I noticed working the route, that display is on all the NABIs, it is never used. What it normally displays coming from Randhurst is "696 Harper College" or "NW Trans Cen". The 696 route does not at all travel down Golf Rd. It only crosses Golf leaving and entering Wdfld.

Sign programming is done at the garage by a tech. 696 has some strange signs apparently left over from years ago. Will try to get full info later.

Andre