Loggin into IBS

Busjack

This question is for Pace drivers on contract routes:

Is it possible to get the electronic signs going without logging into the IBS?

The reason I am asking is that some contractor buses (primarily Academy and MV) show up on the new Webwatch maps, but it appears that the First Student ones (Lisle, Naperville, and Clarendon Hills) do not. Also, some Niles ones do, but others (primarily route 412, which usually is bus 2647) do not.

Also, since the buses are equipped with IBS, do you get your emergency dispatch from your headquarters or Pace (such as if you have to call the police to deal with an unruly passenger)?

Thanks.

The reason I am asking is that some contractor buses (primarily Academy and MV) show up on the new Webwatch maps, but it appears that the First Student ones (Lisle, Naperville, and Clarendon Hills) do not. Also, some Niles ones do, but others (primarily route 412, which usually is bus 2647) do not.

Also, since the buses are equipped with IBS, do you get your emergency dispatch from your headquarters or Pace (such as if you have to call the police to deal with an unruly passenger)?

Thanks.

Signs DO work without IBS. On Orions, just dial in number. On NABI's usually just hit "Dest A" then punch in number then hit "Enter". If IBS IS on, signs can still be manually set via IBS box. However many drivers do not know this (or don't care), so if IBS is set wrong, such as 606 still measuring trip to Rosemont via Mannheim and I-190, then you end up with wrong dest sign leaving Rosemont.

Andre

Thanks.

Emergency works basically via Pace, however at least at Academy there is a computer screen at dispatch that shows bus locations (not in same format as Webwatch, but as a strip map for each route) that will show emergency button being pushed.

Andre

Thanks. I had previously received a response in Moving into the Future that the IBS controlled the signs, but have also seen Pace drivers fiddle with the Luminator controller. Your response confirms what was happening, and indicates that IBS is not like what the drivers say about the CD on the CTA (that it overrides manual input into the sign controller.)

Thanks. I had previously received a response in Moving into the Future that the IBS controlled the signs, but have also seen Pace drivers fiddle with the Luminator controller. Your response confirms what was happening, and indicates that IBS is not like what the drivers say about the CD on the CTA (that it overrides manual input into the sign controller.)

As of recent this is no longer the case. If the sign is changed via the Luminator keypads...that display will remain.

The CD HOWEVER will change the sign once that bus reaches its end of the line for the next trip. For the 6000s Flxibles this obviously is not the case since there is no longer a keypad. The Novas still have theirs but its a little more complicated to access.