Demolition Derby

This clip is from the BBC America program "Top Gear." Right before I was going to Stratford for the afternoon, I stumbled upon this clip from the series. I checked online, and the clip is posted. Enjoy!

"Top Gear" Demolition Derby

OMG! That was awesome!! I loved watching the Mercedes Artic how that trailer was all over the place. Id like to do this with buses I dislike, I wouldnt do it with the ones I like. If I did bus demolition derby it would be in a Nova LFS. This derby looked like CTA buses on Michigan av. in rush hour! :) Imagine the CTA NABI artics in this!.

Since Car and Driver has tested stuff like garbage trucks, coal mining dump trucks, and the like, I thought they should have had what the Brit called a "bendy bus" race. At least it would show that they are prone to oversteer.

However, the testers in the clip should have used a Formula One street track, with the bridges over the track with cigarette ads and the like. Then, they could have tested the theory "it said only 13 foot clearance, but I thought I could make it if I went fast."

We should've done this before the NABI's came in, but I agree. Since buses in London don't favor the artics at all (they have been prone to fires in the past few years), they are looking to find suitable replacements in the next 4-5 years (when the normal use is up).

OMG! That was awesome!! I loved watching the Mercedes Artic how that trailer was all over the place. Id like to do this with buses I dislike, I wouldnt do it with the ones I like. If I did bus demolition derby it would be in a Nova LFS. This derby looked like CTA buses on Michigan av. in rush hour! :) Imagine the CTA NABI artics in this!.

I would take a Gillig Phantom or an Advantage LF and run them in a demolition derby before I'd ruin a nice LFS! <_<

The NABIs wouldn't last long in a something like that, they either would breakdown or split into two pieces! :lol: