South Suburban Safeway bus in Rhode Island

Spotted this yesterday on private property in Johston, RI. I didn't have a camera on me, but from what I remember of the paint scheme, it looked like a South Surburban Safeway TDH5105. I hope to get more information and a photo in the next few months.

• 2 weeks later...

On second thought, I don't think it's South Suburban Safeway. The front of the bus is visible in this aerial, and it has red all around the windshield. I could only see the back and curb side from the road.

I don't think it was a Safeway bus after looking at the picture.

However, IIRC South Surburban Safeway Lines used to operate some TDH5XXX buses which had red from the belt rail to the roof. Now I'll have to search the net for pics... :D

I don't think it was a Safeway bus after looking at the picture.

However, IIRC South Surburban Safeway Lines used to operate some TDH5XXX buses which had red from the belt rail to the roof. Now I'll have to search the net for pics... :D

Buslist has some pictures of some Safeway owned buses (before the CSSMTD ones) which indicate that they were mostly cream, which is sort of how I remember them.