Small light on the run box.

ryanbytes

I took a picture of a car at Kimball today. On the picture I noticed a little light on the run box bracket, just above the 4. To me it looks similar to a light that's above the rear cab window on the inside of the car. I've seen the inner light go on a very few times. Is the run box light the same as the inner light and if so what are they for?

3430546568_d336f1c94c_o.jpg

I was going to say "what?" until I both clicked on the "click to view full image" and then clicked on the "plus spyglass" cursor in my browser. Then I saw the lens.

Also, technically, the February 9 has a dash after it. It could be February 98 or whatever. Other than that, I don't know.

Interesting that the security camera is facing OUTSIDE of the car instead of inside, where it would be more useful. :)

Depends on what it is being used for. For instance, DriveCam on buses is to record if the driver is responsible for an accident.

Depends on what it is being used for. For instance, DriveCam on buses is to record if the driver is responsible for an accident.

Its kinda like the city of chicago's street red light cams. If a driver misses a signal, cta safety can go and check the status of the signals.

• 4 weeks later...

i do know that when some part of a system malfunctions: 1. door interlock, or 2. ATC or 3. brakes or something which would prevent the train from moving, there is a panel above the operator's head that is used to temporarily by-pass that troubled system. it requires permission from a rail controller, the turn of a key and the push of a button to activate whichever by-pass the operator needs. That small red light (up top outside the operator's cab door) inside the front of the train, will stay lit all the while the by-pass is being used. if that light on the run box is tied in with the one outside the cab.....