Fageol & Twin Coach

Garysheski

How come you've only got pix going back the early '70s? I'd really like to see more pix of the Fageols & Twin coaches of the '50s which of the older buses, I'm most familiar. Thanks, Gary

I suspect CTA likely has "official" pics of those buses in their archives considering the calendars they make available. Maybe Mr. Z could prevail upon them to give us access. :)

There is also the Diesels and Propanes page of Tom's Trolley Bus.

As you can surmise, the real problem is getting the copyright to an existing collection. See the prior discussion here.

Taking a quick look at the pics I recalled how some of those routes covered by diesels and propanes were previously operated by electric trolley buses. One pic shows a 5000 series Twin Coach on route 73 Armitage. I recall Marmons on #73 but I thought they were replaced by Flxible "New Looks".

It's great to see the pics. :)

Taking a quick look at the pics I recalled how some of those routes covered by diesels and propanes were previously operated by electric trolley buses. One pic shows a 5000 series Twin Coach on route 73 Armitage. I recall Marmons on #73 but I thought they were replaced by Flxible "New Looks".

It's great to see the pics. :)

Andre has a chronology where Armitage had a wire break and was converted early.

In fact I remember that at one time there was a discount record store on Armitage that drew us Hyde Parkers up there for some strange reason. (And many of our members wonder what records are). Trying to get back to the Milwaukee L/Western Station, I rode a very old propane (somehow think it was a 5300) that had to be restarted every time after a stop. Similar stuff also ran on Division until the 1000s (those 1000s, not these) arrived.

I also seem to remember a site that looked like Tom's, but had 5500s-8200s, but can't put my finger on the url at the moment.

Andre has a chronology where Armitage had a wire break and was converted early.

In fact I remember that at one time there was a discount record store on Armitage that drew us Hyde Parkers up there for some strange reason. (And many of our members wonder what records are). Trying to get back to the Milwaukee L/Western Station, I rode a very old propane (somehow think it was a 5300) that had to be restarted every time after a stop. Similar stuff also ran on Division until the 1000s (those 1000s, not these) arrived.

I also seem to remember a site that looked like Tom's, but had 5500s-8200s, but can't put my finger on the url at the moment.

You HAVE to be talking about R&S Records which was located around 352 W Armitage (IIRC). I grew up in Chatham and heard about R & S in the 1970s. :lol: The reason (which wasn't strange) was that they had the best LP prices around. I sometimes went there via Jackson Park and Ravenswood trains and used the Armitage bus. I think the first time I went there had to be after CTA got rid of its ETBs in 1973.

You HAVE to be talking about R&S Records which was located around 352 W Armitage (IIRC). I grew up in Chatham and heard about R & S in the 1970s. :lol: The reason (which wasn't strange) was that they had the best LP prices around. I sometimes went there via Jackson Park and Ravenswood trains and used the Armitage bus. I think the first time I went there had to be after CTA got rid of its ETBs in 1973.
Now that you mention it, it was, except that apparently you left out a digit in the address, since it was west of Western. Also, I remember doing it about 1969. Krambles has the route converted in 1966.

Also, a brain phart on my part. The site that looked like Tom's was Tom's. The (comparatively) newer propanes are at the top of the page. The Armitage one was, of course, on bustalk.