Metra PD

MRChiCity

Metra is also hiring Police offers, this is from Metra's website. The only question I have is how come you never see Metra PD in the Burbs? Why do you only see them in the downtown terminals? Please let me know thank you.

Police Officer

General Responsibilities:

This position is responsible for the protection of life and property, prevention of crime, apprehension of criminals and the general enforcement of laws and ordinances. Duties normally consist of routine patrol, preliminary investigation and vehicle code enforcement, within the metropolitan area.

Numerous other duties and responsibilities are associated with this position and will be discussed during the interview process.

Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:

Qualified applicants will possess a State of Illinois certification as a Police Officer, plus three years of current, full time experience as a municipal, county or state Police Officer. Applicants must not have been separated from police service for more than a 3-year period. Consideration will only be given to candidates who possess or exceed these qualifications. A comprehensive background investigation and physical exam, including a drug screen, will be conducted.

Various other qualifications surrounding this level of responsibility, will be determined during the interview

NOTE: Only documentation with salary history will be considered. Relocation is not available for this position.

If you are interested in applying for a position at Metra, please send your cover letter which must include the position title, your resume and salary history to:

Metra

Office of Human Resources

547 W. Jackson Blvd.

Chicago, IL 60661

FAX: 312-322-8937

E-mail: jobs@metrarr.com

Only qualified candidates will receive consideration.

Metra is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to fill vacant positions with qualified candidates without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, or disability, assuming an individual can perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation.

[Top of Page]

All Contents and Images © 1995 - 2006

Northeast Illinois Regional Commuter Railroad Corporation

Metra PD has squad cars in the South suburbs,I quite frequently see them around Metra electric

stations in Harvey and East Hazel Crest while I'm working,they also have a vehicle resembling an armored car.I'm

guessing it is either used for collections of some sort or possibly prisoner transports.Any ideas anyone?

One of them got killed at 147th Street, supposedly patrolling the lot.

Metra PD has squad cars in the South suburbs,I quite frequently see them around Metra electric

stations in Harvey and East Hazel Crest while I'm working,they also have a vehicle resembling an armored car.I'm

guessing it is either used for collections of some sort or possibly prisoner transports.Any ideas anyone?

Full fledge police department, just like any locality. More than just collections and transports.

They have full police powers, will ticket cars on Metra property, arrest, patrol, etc.

Is it true that during major events such as Taste of Chicago, July RD fireworks, lalapolza, and the Chicago Air & Water show if Metra PD puts extra officers on trains? Please let me know thank you.

Metra PD does not put extra officers on trains, but Metra hires outside security to

patrol certain trains and floods the train stations with them.

Speaking of Metra Police, did anyone hear about this. There will be new security teams on Metra trains with federal support (TSA). http://metrarail.com/Press_Releases/press-...se-06-30-09.pdf

What do you think?

Overkill. More of the "we don't have anything to panic about, so lets create some" mentality

of the Federal Government these days, and Metra is just eating it up.

Guest ctafan630

Overkill. More of the "we don't have anything to panic about, so lets create some" mentality

of the Federal Government these days, and Metra is just eating it up.

I couldn't agree with you more. In the afternoon there are a Metra police offers that patrol the Aurora station. These cops are more like over paid crossing guards making sure people do not walk across the tracks after getting off the train.

On days when the weather is bad, these cops sit in their cars to monitor things. There is even one guy that sits in his car painting his ceramics and then puts them on top of his car to dry.

What a waste of money.

Metra PD does not put extra officers on trains, but Metra hires outside security to

patrol certain trains and floods the train stations with them.

I have heard that some of the security guard that work for these firms that Metra hires to patrol trains during major festivals are off-duty Police officers moon lighting as security guards. Is this true? Please let me know thank you.

• 10 months later...