CENTRO, NFTA & RGRTA

I was in Western/Central NY this past weekend and got lots of pictures of the systems there. I also got a couple while in Chicago. (The Greyhound bus was early on the way back :o )

(Click on picture for a larger version)

CENTRO:

3771755307_9d2d399966.jpg

3772564630_452efa85b3.jpg

More CENTRO pics here.

NFTA-Metro:

3772576730_35868a0497.jpg

3772577210_7cb97fff40.jpg

3771772961_ed159e7032.jpg

More NFTA-Metro pics here.

RGRTA:

3772585368_ab9cc74e54.jpg

3772591372_3fc0aff24a.jpg

3771767341_03670fd408.jpg

3772586948_4bcf437efd.jpg

More RGRTA pics here.

CTA:

I wasn't sure there would even be time to take pictures in Chicago since Greyhound can be sort of unpredictable at times :D.

3772571756_a676def015.jpg

A couple more new CTA pics here. mostly ones from last time I was in town though.

Looks like, from what you got, and compared to what was on other websites, Rochester and Syracuse didn't get much new lately (maybe a few more Gillig LFs for Rochester), while Buffalo did (Gillig Hybrids).

815 looked real familiar, and I was surprised it was still around, until the flickr caption indicated that it was in a museum. I also see that the dumpy building at the corner of Main and Clinton that has the ribs sign to hide the ugliness underneath is still there--the Renaissance Square planned by RGRTA hasn't been built (and I bet it never will be).

On the CTA side, I don't think I've ever seen a picture of a bus with a Twinvision LeDot sign that wasn't in mid sweep.

Looking at the CENTRO pic I note they have 40ft buses with double rear doors.

CTA hasn't had buses like that since vehicles purchased in the 1950s IIRC.

Now that you mention it.

They do look like the ones on the CTA green propanes, in that, based on the appearance of the rubber, they are two sets of doors, instead of the accordion folding doors typical of other types of old look buses.

Now that you mention it.

They do look like the ones on the CTA green propanes, in that, based on the appearance of the rubber, they are two sets of doors, instead of the accordion folding doors typical of other types of old look buses.

As I have ranted before, I think that would be an improvement over CTA's present door arrangement.

:rolleyes:

As I have ranted before, I think that would be an improvement over CTA's present door arrangement.

:rolleyes:

Maybe in the sense that in the back, you would have 4 doors instead of two larger ones.

However, just think about the implications of the CLASS system having to figure that out. :o

Looks like, from what you got, and compared to what was on other websites, Rochester and Syracuse didn't get much new lately (maybe a few more Gillig LFs for Rochester), while Buffalo did (Gillig Hybrids).

815 looked real familiar, and I was surprised it was still around, until the flickr caption indicated that it was in a museum. I also see that the dumpy building at the corner of Main and Clinton that has the ribs sign to hide the ugliness underneath is still there--the Renaissance Square planned by RGRTA hasn't been built (and I bet it never will be).

Rochester is recieving new Gillig BRTs, I saw one while passing a rest stop in Indiana along the way. According to RailBus63 CENTRO will be receiving some new Orion VII NG CNG buses next year as well and I did see a new Gillig BRT on a Downtown circulator route, I just wasn't able to get a shot of it. It was surprising to see so many 1993, 1995 & 96 vintage buses still in service (and running pretty well IMO) in Buffalo though.

Also on the bus coming back from Avon (went for a ride) there were some people talking about that and saying they wish something would be done. There was also a poster hanging in the bus depot downtown asking people to come to the city council meeting and voice support for the project. I'll agree though there probably won't be any changes.

Nice pictures. I see quite a number of your CTA pics are of buses from CTA's Kedzie Garage.

Thanks :) Yeah I just keep ending up in Kedzie turf. Hopefully i'll be able to actually spend a day or two in Chicago and get a little more variety next time I'm in town.

Also on the bus coming back from Avon (went for a ride) there were some people talking about that and saying they wish something would be done. There was also a poster hanging in the bus depot downtown asking people to come to the city council meeting and voice support for the project. I'll agree though there probably won't be any changes.
Assuming that "that" is Renaissance Square, my impression was that the plan was turned into a Harvey style transit center. However, Googling it today indicates that it is now officially dead. RenSquare project collapses from lack of consensus.

Heck, I was able to predict it without even being there.

I suppose that with Midtown Plaza coming down, they lose that bus terminal, too.

I suppose that with Midtown Plaza coming down, they lose that bus terminal, too.

Not really much there to lose :lol: It seems to me though with all the Trailways and Greyhound buses around they will need some sort of terminal elsewhere if it is torn down. It didn't appear to me like they were planning on staying there forever either given the condition of the lobby and building.

• 3 years later...

I like it when they bring the buses to you instead of having to drive/fly all the way to Roc for photos :P

Another Xcelsior makes an appearance in the local Walmart parking lot:

8916218759_4af7cee654_t.jpg 8916224127_3a73142ff7_t.jpg 8916843742_925ef6417c_t.jpg 8916234549_004c6cda51_t.jpg

I believe this is the last, or second to last, of 33 XD40 being delivered currently, with another batch starting to hit the line shortly. I guess these will retire any remaining 1998 D40LF, plus some 2000 D40LF and/or LFW-40.