NovaBus on #11 Lincoln

Buslover88

That's news to me!!! I ride Lincoln frequently, and I did not see a NOVABus! It's possible it was heading to another route to start a run.  Did it have the #11 Lincoln crawl on the display on the front and/or side?  I've seen Flxibles(6000) series come up Lincoln and turn onto Irving Park or Addison before.

6703 would normally be a Chicago garage bus. My first thought would to be to look for the garage sticker in the window. Although some garages are slow in changing them when a bus gets reassigned that would be the first clue where the bus is from. It also could have been some sort of training run too, but there is no reason for a Chicago garage bus being at a Lincoln ave terminal.

Only one other thought comes to mind....

6703 is a Chicago Ave. Bus

Chicago might have (or might be getting) a North Park TMC or New Flyer for a few days to balance Chicago Garage's Bus Inventory?

1000 is at Chicago garage(according to pictures "5" is the code)

Could this mean.... that #1000 will be making a stop at North Park for a few days??? Oh, I hope so!!!! :D:D:D I want to step onto this bus on the #11 Lincoln route so badly to see it for myself!!!

I don't know if this is ever done in Chicago, but in New York, if a bus breaks down or is otherwise unavailable for a run, especially a tripper, a bus from another depot might be borrowed to make the run. It generally gets returned the same day or the next day. For example, a Jamaica Depot bus would appear on the Casey Stengel-based Q20/44 every now and then, since the southern end of the route was right at Jamaica.