Return of the Compobus to Chicago transit

BusHunter

I was skimming over the Pace site today and came across a proposal for the I-294 corridor express service. (I can't seem to get the link to work. You can find it under the what's new tab at pacebus.com) It states that Compobuses will be purchased (52 of them) for service along the I-294 corridor. These unlike the CTA ones, will be CNG hybrid buses. The Pace Express Bus Network Application is also available for viewing if you follow the links. It outlines the project. WBBM newsradio 780 reports these buses will be piggybacked off of the current LA Metro Contract. The buses will have a more luxurious coachlike interior. (I'm assuming like the Nova #2390's of the present age.)

I was skimming over the Pace site today and came across a proposal for the I-294 corridor express service. (I can't seem to get the link to work. You can find it under the what's new tab at pacebus.com) It states that Compobuses will be purchased (52 of them) for service along the I-294 corridor. These unlike the CTA ones, will be CNG hybrid buses. The Pace Express Bus Network Application is also available for viewing if you follow the links. It outlines the project. WBBM newsradio 780 reports these buses will be piggybacked off of the current LA Metro Contract. The buses will have a more luxurious coachlike interior. (I'm assuming like the Nova #2390's of the present age.)

NABI no longer calls it the Compobus (even though it's the same bus model). The official designation is the Metro 45C.