Overtime

Busjack

Someone posted on the CTA Tattler that:

Of the people not being laid off, a significant percent of those operators are getting their hours slashed.

Since I figure that I can probably get a straighter answer from the drivers here, is that the case, and have the picks been restricted to 8 hours a day or 40 hours a week?

Someone posted on the CTA Tattler that:

Since I figure that I can probably get a straighter answer from the drivers here, is that the case, and have the picks been restricted to 8 hours a day or 40 hours a week?

No, there are still runs that pay more than 8.0.

OT depends how many hours people pick. We are allowed to pick a maximum of 46. An operator only needs to pick 38.5 to automatically be guaranteed 40. Operators pick their overtime or sign work books for extra work (if available) in the form of trippers or on days off. Picking the extra board guarantees an operator 40 regardless of if they are assigned enough work, so long as they work all their scheduled days. The board doesn't necessarily guarantee you overtime, unless it's available.

• Upvote 1