Chicago Dash

Passing thru Valparaiso yesterday, I came across these very nice looking Chicago Dash buses, the bus service that goes from Valpo to the Loop. These are great looking buses and looking at the website, these must be the brand new ones that just got delivered. There were 3 of them in this parking lot (1001-1003). Sorry if the quality of the pics are not great, this was on a camera phone.

post-501-12716891258214_thumb.jpg

post-501-12716891381984_thumb.jpg

Must be new, as all indications, including on their site was that a Free Enterprise System bus was being used.

Thanks for the pictures.

Update: Prompting me to Google it turned up this story that they are in fact new, and there are 4.

A few observations: 1) I did notice the LED signs on the front and side of the buses, wish I could see them lit up. 2) The fact there are seat belts on the buses is a major plus; I know the new Greyhound buses in the east coast has them & they are long overdue. 3) The story is old so I don't know how far they got in regards to adding a Hobart stop, but they should; especially if it's getting 60 riders/day. That's far better than Pace's express routes. 4) I wonder which way the buses come? The site doesn't give a map (only the scheduled stops), but I would guess it takes the Ford freeway to the Ryan and gets in that way.

A few observations: 1) I did notice the LED signs on the front and side of the buses, wish I could see them lit up. 2) The fact there are seat belts on the buses is a major plus; I know the new Greyhound buses in the east coast has them & they are long overdue. 3) The story is old so I don't know how far they got in regards to adding a Hobart stop, but they should; especially if it's getting 60 riders/day. That's far better than Pace's express routes. 4) I wonder which way the buses come? The site doesn't give a map (only the scheduled stops), but I would guess it takes the Ford freeway to the Ryan and gets in that way.

I used to work for Hammond Yellow back in the 90s and they had a Valpo route that I had to do a couple of times. The route took the Skyway and the Indiana toll road to I-94 West exiting at Rt 51 south. There was a stop at Rt 6, then there was one other stop near the old train station in town, then the route proceeded back toward where 130 starts and it ran 130 through Wheeler into Valpo. Where I dropped the last passenger is about where the current ChicagoDash route terminates now. So based on my past experience, the Skyway and the Ryan or Lake Shore would probably be the route.