Oak Brook Local Bus Service

rotjohns

I saw that in Moving Forward.

My guess though is that it is a community transit sort of thing, like the Schaumburg Trolley, Niles, the late but lamented Oak Park service, or several others (Melrose Park was also in Moving Forward, which once had Niles-like service but went to vanpool, and now got the gray community vehicles). Oak Brook is similar to Schaumburg in that it has a mall and a transit hub, plus offices. Of course, there are other DuPage circulator studies going on, and the question probably will be whether Oakbrook and Oakbrook Terrace are willing to pay the operating costs (similar was proposed for Gurnee and it wasn't).

Update: The notice you mentioned was under 301. In that it says "The focus of the current effort is to implement a local distributor transit service connecting Pace, Metra, and destinations in Oak Brook and Oakbrook Terrace" would tend to reinforce what I said, although the Metra must be in Westmont or Villa Park, although, in that the survey asks what Metra station the responder uses, I guess that is fluid.

Nothing new on the Village of Oakbrook site.

I saw that in Moving Forward.

My guess though is that it is a community transit sort of thing, like the Schaumburg Trolley, Niles, the late but lamented Oak Park service, or several others (Melrose Park was also in Moving Forward, which once had Niles-like service but went to vanpool, and now got the gray community vehicles). Oak Brook is similar to Schaumburg in that it has a mall and a transit hub, plus offices. Of course, there are other DuPage circulator studies going on, and the question probably will be whether Oakbrook and Oakbrook Terrace are willing to pay the operating costs (similar was proposed for Gurnee and it wasn't).

Update: The notice you mentioned was under 301. In that it says "The focus of the current effort is to implement a local distributor transit service connecting Pace, Metra, and destinations in Oak Brook and Oakbrook Terrace" would tend to reinforce what I said, although the Metra must be in Westmont or Villa Park, although, in that the survey asks what Metra station the responder uses, I guess that is fluid.

Nothing new on the Village of Oakbrook site.

Actually, all of the routes that go to Oak Brook mall and others had the survey notice on the passenger notices.

Don't rule out possible restructuring either.

Except that, as rotjohns points out, one of the routes with the notice is 322 and that is subject to the RTA ART study. They also just slightly messed with 888.