Special RTS ???

trainman8119

I had a discussion with a driver from the Chicago Ave. garage on the train this evening. He was telling me of a special RTS inside the garage at Chicago Ave. He said it was all white, with silver stacks out of the top and cushioned seats inside. He couldn't tell if the engine was rehabbed or not since he didn't get a look at it when the rear was open. I asked him for a bus number, but he didn't know and said he would get back to me with it. If I get the number, I'll update the post. He is not sure what this bus is or what it may be used for and was curious, and needless to say, so am I.

Does anybody know what this "special" may be for ????

I touched base with the driver again tonight. He told me the bus had a BW number on it, meaning it is a "skunk bus". But unlike a regular yard rat or work bus, this is a special bus in that they use it as a rolling office going from CTA location to location assisting employees with benefits such as insurance programs and investment benefits, etc. He told me that the inside of this bus is decked out with soft chairs, desks and computers, etc.