Another Brown line derailment.

ryanbytes

According to Fox News, which had Air Fox overhead, this is in the middle of Clark Jct. An 8 car Ravenswood train that looked like the first couple of cars were going toward Ravenswood, and a car in the middle that appeared to have jumped the tracks, thereby completely blocking the Red Line tracks.

Unless they were doing track work right at Clark Jct., that wouldn't have had anything to do with it.

Anyway, they have their video up.

On Channel 7 News they were reporting that CTA says it wasn't technically a derailment because the wheels of the train never left the tracks. From how I was understanding the report, there may have been an issue with how the train crossed the switches near the junction. They said the train got stuck during routine switching maneuvers, and because the wheels didn't leave the track, it made it a whole lot easier for them to clear the train away from blocking the tracks as I saw them reporting about ten minutes ago in an update to the earlier reports.

• Upvote 1

On Channel 7 News they were reporting that CTA says it wasn't technically a derailment because the wheels of the train never left the tracks. From how I was understanding the report, there may have been an issue with how the train crossed the switches near the junction. They said the train got stuck during routine switching maneuvers, and because the wheels didn't leave the track, it made it a whole lot easier for them to clear the train away from blocking the tracks as I saw them reporting about ten minutes ago in an update to the earlier reports.

This is starting to sound like the one on the Green Line at 59th, where the front of the train went one way at a switch and the back at the other. Especially when one reads the Noelle Gaffney quote in the CTA Tattler.

I suppose we'll have to wait for the NTSB investigation to find out definitively.

This is starting to sound like the one on the Green Line at 59th, where the front of the train went one way at a switch and the back at the other. Especially when one reads the Noelle Gaffney quote in the CTA Tattler.

I suppose we'll have to wait for the NTSB investigation to find out definitively.

Based on the 6PM news broadcast saying that it was apparently a 'switch split' incident, I'm inclined to agree and had that very same thought as Busjack.

• Upvote 1