Fishbowls In Forest Glen/77st Garages.

jesi2282

Hey Everyone, Does anyone know about any Fishbowls that are at the Forest Glen and 77st Garages?, I was looking at some photos on hopetunnel.org and I saw at least 4 Flexibles and 1 Fishbowl side by side, plus there was two photos of Fishbowls at the 77st Garage, the two Fishbowls were #BT-11/#BT-12 ( possible work bus??? ), I don't know what BT stands for. Does anyone know about these buses?

BT12 was previously discussed. If you are talking about recently, there was a 3300 series Flx in the Forest Glen yard (with a pine and lime paint job similar to the late 1970s scheme on the 7000s, 9800s, and 4000s) supposedly once used for paratransit.

In the picture, 8499 and 301 are part of the historical collection (usually at Kedzie). 8499 was notable as a diesel demonstrator with a New Look front and the rest of the body looking like the propane buses in the 5500 and 8000 series, and usually ran on 77th routes. 301 was apparently frequently overhauled and was in service for 29 years (Krambles and Peterson, CTA at 45, page 52). 131 is the 3300 series mentioned above, that was acutally in the FG yard.

RIPTA might know why the historical collection was out on that day.

301 and 8499 are currently at Chicago Ave. My driver contact there took a pic on his cell phone. He was all excited, since 301 was one of the first buses he drove when he became a driver at CTA some 10 or so years ago.

He also told me just about all of the 4900's are being stored there too.

• 2 weeks later...

131 at 3706 are still at Forest Glen. I was told that the reason all four were at Forest Glen in September was because they were moved out of Kedzie to make room for incoming artics.

I was given some bad information about the BT Fishbowls; BT-12 is still at 77th. BT-11 is probably sitting in the aisles of your local office supply store. Also, the Chicago Fire Dept. Fishbowl (7473?) is now at 77th with its front bashed in.