Train Tracker sign with bustracker info

BusHunter

There's a rail tracker sign at Howard in the fare collection area, (titan sign) that is displaying the countdown times of not only trains, but buses at the terminal. It's the stations only sign. There are none on the platform. It seems to me like it's something new they are trying out. I was thinking if they put these new train tracker signs (like at morgan) on each stations platform, they could put the titan signs in the stations. The only thing I don't like about the signs is they display by what's coming first. I believe it was 2 #22's and 2 #147's and a #201. If someone wanted to know about the #97, they are sailing in the wind.

The CTA Tattler had a link to a version of the Trackers for the Web that if you said where you were, it would show the arrival times for both the nearby train stations and bus stops. That obviously wasn't an official release, and I can't locate the reference at the moment.

Obviously the data is available.

Your comment that "next bus" makes no sense is correct, since all one would want to know is the next bus on each route, not that there are 2 22s coming up. One probably could compare it to the text system, where you can either text the bus stop code or a bus stop code and route number.

There is also the other problem at Howard, i.e. that it is the terminal for pretty much anything that runs there (except for Purple express), and, unless a run is so late as to exhaust its recovery time, the schedule time is going to be displayed. More than likely, the next bus is already in the terminal (certainly for 22 and 147).

If it actually worked, this kind of system would make more sense for somewhere like 79th, where the next arrival time for a 75 or 79 bus would actually be a matter of how the route was operating.