New Flyer artics!

My $0.02 is the 3 door artic may have a possible advantage even though you may give up some seats. I have noticed on some CTA routes riders will walk to the front door to exit the bus. I have seen this when they are not carrying parcels or are not seniors. Maybe a 3 door bus can discharge passengers quicker and save time.

My $0.02 is the 3 door artic may have a possible advantage even though you may give up some seats. I have noticed on some CTA routes riders will walk to the front door to exit the bus. I have seen this when they are not carrying parcels or are not seniors. Maybe a 3 door bus can discharge passengers quicker and save time.

But that would make travels more difficult. Have you ever rode a crowded NABI (7500 series) downtown during rush hour? Taking away seats makes riding the bus less and more uncomfortable for passengers.Depending on the size of the second door(if the bus has 3 doors).(imo)

I depends on ridership patterns. On routes where most passengers get on at the beginning of the route and get off in the end, like the LSD expresses, it's better to sacrifice the extra door to add to passenger comfort and capacity. On local routes with high turnover, three doors are better, so alighting passengers don't have to walk all the way to the front or rear of the bus and increase dwell time. On these routes, most passengers don't ride long distances, so the tradeoff in comfort isn't as important.

• 1 month later...

I dont know if this bus is already been disscued about. But New Flyer has a 3 door artic. I never would have guessed that their was such a thing that existed with New Flyer.Too me the bus strangely ressembles the M.A.N. 3 door artic.

Those buses have been around since the mid-90's. Around 1996, New Flyer sent one to Pittsburgh for testing on the East Busway. It was a very fast bus.

• 4 months later...

Thanks for clearing that up for me. But i have a question to ask. Which of the artic's buses are better. The 2 doors or 3 doors? Personally i like the 2 doors better.

I also like the 2 doors better. It makes more room for seating. As well as has a nicer look. I have a good felling that Bmore MTAs next Artics are New Flyer D60LFs. Most likely with 2 doors like the NABI tics. ALL Artics come available with 3 doors but most TAs only get 2 doors.