Pink Line

Busjack

2 hours ago, Busjack said:

Not sure of your source, or whether it proves anything. All of the Loop L stations are marked Orange in the inset (except Thompson Center, marked Blue). The official Ridership Report only reports total boardings  for each Loop station and does not differentiate to which line (for instance at Qunicy-Wells, it says "Brown, Orange, Pink, Purple Express").* Hence, unless you have some source that personally verified how many passengers boarded each train off the platform after having gone through the fare controls, these numbers are fallacious.

On your second point, it appears that the Brown Line has gone down from every 3 minutes to every 4.

*Similarly, Belmont and Fullerton count only as Red Line in the Ridership Report, although CTA purports to count cross-platform transfers. I bet that the only things that count as Brown Line are Southport through Kimball, Wellington,Diversey, and Armitage through Merchandise Mart. Note the two swollen Brown bumps, presumably Wellington and Diversey, unless this map is counting Fullerton as Brown. 

Look at this website here for a more interactive of the map. Sorry I didn't post this first, but I found it kind of interesting, it is a bit outdated however so keep that in mind.

2 hours ago, TransitXan17 said:

Look at this website here for a more interactive of the map. Sorry I didn't post this first, but I found it kind of interesting, it is a bit outdated however so keep that in mind.

You didn't say where "here" is, but unless the proprietors of that website explain the flaws obvious on the face of the map, it makes no difference if they have something more interactive or more current.

In any event, if you had read my post rather than just quote it, you would have seen that the map does not logically support any conclusion you tried to make.

2 minutes ago, Busjack said:

You didn't say where "here" is, but unless the proprietors of that website explain the flaws obvious on the face of the map, it makes no difference if they have something more interactive or more current.

In any event, if you had read my post rather than just quote it, you would have seen that the map does not logically support any conclusion you tried to make.

Oops, I didn't even put in the link. My bad. http://stats.seandolinar.com/chicago-transit-authority-ridership/

11 minutes ago, TransitXan17 said:

Oops, I didn't even put in the link. My bad. http://stats.seandolinar.com/chicago-transit-authority-ridership/

Thanks. But he said:

"Fortunately, Rahm Emanuel is kind enough to release some of the transit data from the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA). The data only contains ridership per day information from each station, so I am limited in the insight this analysis can produce.

There’s also another problem, at several stations that service different lines. Clark/Lake has practically every line go through it. Without more resolution in how the data are measure, the most I can infer from the data is what stations are the most popular on certain days. This comes from the assumption that if a person arrives at a station they will leave from the same station.

I’ve labeled any ‘L’ stations which service multiple lines in an order of importance. The priority is Red, Blue, Orange, Brown, Green, Purple, Pink, Yellow in that order."

In short, he realizes the limits of his data, and it does not come to the conclusion he portrayed on the map that the Orange Line has the heaviest ridership. By setting his priority, he also skewed the data.

Heck, if one relies on the official data, as he did, nobody rides the Purple Line Express. But we and CTA* know that is not the case.

I am also assuming that you posted this in response to the current topic that one side of the Loop L could handle more of a passenger load, but the author disclaimed any such analysis.

*They had some auditor on the train when they ran the evening experiment.