Just Opinions Of New Services & Why.

TaylorTank1229

These are just opinions, not facts. And I'm just thinking if any of these ideas could be beneficial to CTA services.

1.) New Route- #31 31st St

-This bus route would start new service along 31st Street, & provide service between downtown and the neighborhood of Cicero. Starting at Museum Campus or the Metra/Amtrak Union Staion, and connect westbound to Cireco/24th Place via Michigan Ave, 31st Street, Archer Ave, Western Ave, 31st Blvd, 31st Street, & Cicero Ave. Allow connection to Downtown, the neighborhoods of Little Village, McKinley Park, Armour Square, Bridgeport and Bronzeville. As well as connects to CTA Trains as like the 35th Red & Green Lines, & Ashland & 35th/Archer Orange Lines, plus Metra trains at 35th, & Cicero. If restored the hours should be between 4am to 1am. I feel that this route should be restored to help better commuters for transit in the 31st Street area.

2.) New Route- #41 Clybourn

-A new bus route that help provides service along Clybourn Ave to better accommodate residents in the Clybourn Ave Shopping District, plus the neighborhoods of the Near North Side, Lincoln Park, and Avondale. Bus service would go along Clybourn between the Belmont Blue Line station & to the Chicago Brown/Purple Line Express station via Belmont, Clybourn, Division, Orleans, and Chicago (L' Station.) The bus would also serve to the Red Line at North Ave. Bus service would run between 5am to 11pm on weekdays and maybe saturdays, and 7am to 8pm on sundays and holidays.

3.) Restored Service- #11 Lincoln

-Service along Lincoln Ave between the Western Brown Line station and the Fullerton

station (Red, Brown, Purple Lines) should be continued to serve North/Clark once again, or at least terminate at the Fullerton L' station, allowing connection services to the #37 Sedgwick bus to downtown. Also ideal to preserve the communities and business along this length of Lincoln Ave, while also providing shortened service to accommodate for changes.

4.) New Route, And/Or Extended Service- #150 Pratt, #155 Devon

-First The Devon bus is one of the buses with high ridership in the North Side, which provides connection to the Red Line at Loyola & Morse, and service along Devon Ave. through the neighborhoods & districts of Rogers Park, Little India, & West Ridge. I feel that the Devon route would also get good service if it was extented west of Kedzie Ave. and start new service to the Harlem/Higgins Blue Line station, service the local neighborhoods of Lincolnwood, Edgebrook, and Norwood Park. If not as a CTA bus route then perhaps as a Pace bus route with service on Devon between Kedzie & the Harlem L' station. If the Devon bus idea would be too helpful a new bus should be added to accommodate riders in the Rogers Parks, West Ridge, Lincolnwood, & Edgebrook areas. As this bus that would provide service along Pratt Blvd. it would have serivce that runs between the Red Line at Loyola, Serve Lincolnwood Town Center from 9am to 8pm & the Blue Line at Jefferson Park. This bus would also connect with Metra trains at Edgebrook, & Jefferson Park via Sheridan, Pratt, during hours between 9am & 8pm (Kedzie, Touhy, Lincolnwoon Ctr, McCormick, Pratt) & during other times (Kedzie, Devon, McCormick, Pratt), Central, & Milwaukee. I think that this bus route should also provides Overnight (Owl) service seeing there is no westbound/eastbound owl service buses north of Lawrence Ave. During Owl Hours, the #150 Pratt bus would serve between the Loyola station & Devon/Kedzie or Caldwell/Central.

Well, Those Are My Opinions & Why I Chose Them, Feedback Please. Thank You.

These are just opinions, not facts. And I'm just thinking if any of these ideas could be beneficial to CTA services.

1.) New Route- #31 31st St

-This bus route would start new service along 31st Street, & provide service between downtown and the neighborhood of Cicero. Starting at Museum Campus or the Metra/Amtrak Union Staion, and connect westbound to Cireco/24th Place via Michigan Ave, 31st Street, Archer Ave, Western Ave, 31st Blvd, 31st Street, & Cicero Ave. Allow connection to Downtown, the neighborhoods of Little Village, McKinley Park, Armour Square, Bridgeport and Bronzeville. As well as connects to CTA Trains as like the 35th Red & Green Lines, & Ashland & 35th/Archer Orange Lines, plus Metra trains at 35th, & Cicero. If restored the hours should be between 4am to 1am. I feel that this route should be restored to help better commuters for transit in the 31st Street area.

2.) New Route- #41 Clybourn

-A new bus route that help provides service along Clybourn Ave to better accommodate residents in the Clybourn Ave Shopping District, plus the neighborhoods of the Near North Side, Lincoln Park, and Avondale. Bus service would go along Clybourn between the Belmont Blue Line station & to the Chicago Brown/Purple Line Express station via Belmont, Clybourn, Division, Orleans, and Chicago (L' Station.) The bus would also serve to the Red Line at North Ave. Bus service would run between 5am to 11pm on weekdays and maybe saturdays, and 7am to 8pm on sundays and holidays.

3.) Restored Service- #11 Lincoln

-Service along Lincoln Ave between the Western Brown Line station and the Fullerton

station (Red, Brown, Purple Lines) should be continued to serve North/Clark once again, or at least terminate at the Fullerton L' station, allowing connection services to the #37 Sedgwick bus to downtown. Also ideal to preserve the communities and business along this length of Lincoln Ave, while also providing shortened service to accommodate for changes.

4.) New Route, And/Or Extended Service- #150 Pratt, #155 Devon

-First The Devon bus is one of the buses with high ridership in the North Side, which provides connection to the Red Line at Loyola & Morse, and service along Devon Ave. through the neighborhoods & districts of Rogers Park, Little India, & West Ridge. I feel that the Devon route would also get good service if it was extented west of Kedzie Ave. and start new service to the Harlem/Higgins Blue Line station, service the local neighborhoods of Lincolnwood, Edgebrook, and Norwood Park. If not as a CTA bus route then perhaps as a Pace bus route with service on Devon between Kedzie & the Harlem L' station. If the Devon bus idea would be too helpful a new bus should be added to accommodate riders in the Rogers Parks, West Ridge, Lincolnwood, & Edgebrook areas. As this bus that would provide service along Pratt Blvd. it would have serivce that runs between the Red Line at Loyola, Serve Lincolnwood Town Center from 9am to 8pm & the Blue Line at Jefferson Park. This bus would also connect with Metra trains at Edgebrook, & Jefferson Park via Sheridan, Pratt, during hours between 9am & 8pm (Kedzie, Touhy, Lincolnwoon Ctr, McCormick, Pratt) & during other times (Kedzie, Devon, McCormick, Pratt), Central, & Milwaukee. I think that this bus route should also provides Overnight (Owl) service seeing there is no westbound/eastbound owl service buses north of Lawrence Ave. During Owl Hours, the #150 Pratt bus would serve between the Loyola station & Devon/Kedzie or Caldwell/Central.

Well, Those Are My Opinions & Why I Chose Them, Feedback Please. Thank You.

Since I don't much about 31 I will pass on that one.

We have had discussions before about Devon .The fact is you got forest preserve from Milwaukee and Caldwell.Plus,when 56a was going on Devon during rush the buses were near empty.

On 41 it was on the RTA list for a new start and the CTA didn't match it.

On 11 it did have some ridership.But,Claypool and Company didn't listen to the community.Even the Alderman of the 47th ward try to get funds transfer there.

I almost forgot the 150 Route.

Why do you need it when 96 is close by and no ridershop.Then to go to Jefferson Park when 85A,225,and 226 go there.

Edited by mkohut

Since I don't much about 31 I will pass on that one.

We have had discussions before about Devon .The fact is you got forest preserve from Milwaukee and Caldwell.Plus,when 56a was going on Devon during rush the buses were near empty.

On 41 it was on the RTA list for a new start and the CTA didn't match it.

On 11 it did have some ridership.But,Claypool and Company didn't listen to the community.Even the Alderman of the 47th ward try to get funds transfer there.

Well I'll put my two cents in on the 31 proposal and say I'm not too sure how much this one would be needed now that the 35 is extended on 31st between Kedzie and the 24th Place/Cicero. Also downtown is already connected to that terminal through the 60 Blue Island/26th route. There is also the added fact that the old 31 which operated east of Archer operated one lonely bus on the whole route that was almost always empty. With pretty much the same businesses and restaurants on that portion of 31st Street as were there 16 years ago which didn't drum up enough interest in bus service along that corridor beyond one empty bus to serve the whole route when it got cut, I don't see what else on that stretch would draw riders today. It's pretty much better to just get off whatever bus at 35th and ride the 35 to the Little Village portion of 31st.

I'll add to the above comments to, again check the community guidelines first.

I'll go along with jajuan that there isn't the justification for 31 to downtown, and even though the proposed JARC was 31 straight across (as far as the river allows it) to about 31st and King Dr., CTA could only justify it as an extension to 35. At one time I believe that when there was a 32 West 31st bus, it only fed the 35/Archer Orange Line station, which provides sufficient downtown access to anyone on West 31st.

Clybourn is another JARC that didn't get funded, and apparently any argument against Lincoln (i.e. little point in serving diagonal streets) would apply.

mkout is correct that Devon west of Kedzie has been hashed out here before. At one time there was either the 14 Devon-Cicero, which was split into the 54A N. Cicero-Skokie and 155A West Devon, but there was no ridership on West Devon. There also was a Pace 211 bus going that way towards Lutheran General, and that, too was canceled.

And as far as I am concerned, there is no justification for the Pratt bus. Since CTA ceded all sorts of routes to Pace in November even though they ran in the city, 290 Touhy should be sufficient. Also, it was previously mentioned that any service on Pratt west of McCormick is only suburban and pretty much residential, and hence if Pace doesn't see a need to serve it, there isn't one.

Busjack is correct about the Route being 32.Before that the Route was 31A.

12/4/49 - introduced as bus route between Kedzie and Kostner

10/5/97 - discontinued

Got the information from Chicago Railfan

It should be note the Orginal 31 got discontinued the same day

Busjack is correct about the Route being 32.Before that the Route was 31A.

12/4/49 - introduced as bus route between Kedzie and Kostner

10/5/97 - discontinued

Got the information from Chicago Railfan

It should be note the Orginal 31 got discontinued the same day

And for a period of time up to the opening of Orange Line, what was the 32 was also an extension of the 35 except from what I remember it was only in the rush hour periods unlike today where the service is morning through early evening. Approximately 8 PM to be exact. When the Orange Line opened I believe is when the West 31st leg became a separate route from the 35. It's also when CTA made a go at cutting the 35 and 39 at the 35th/Archer Orange stop with service west of there for those routes configured in a combined loop and designated 35W if I remember the route number right. But that was a no go and CTA put those parts of the two routes back but left the 32 as a separate route up to its cancellation on the date provided from the Chicago Railfan site.