Trivia question #2

buslist

The only buses that come to mind are the M.A.N buses(Americana and Articulated) and the Flyer D901(there was a picture of one bus being used in Canada, though I can't find it now).

Canada is in North America (this continent). I think he is referring to an actual bus, not bus model. MAN would be the converse, as a German MAN was demonstrated here around 1974.

One could say trolley buses, but Mexico is in this continent, too.

Krambles's book has a picture of a 7400 with Zaire marking, but says that the deal fell through.

This one is a toughy, as pretty much any recent CTA bus was used so past its FTA service life that it immediately went to the crusher.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so here is the answer that I had in mind when I asked the question. Several people picked this bus as the answer to trivia question number 1!

The bus that I had in mind is the 8650. Purportedly, and I do say purportedly as I had been told this by several knowledgeable individuals but have no hard evidence of the fact, this bus did demonstrate in South America before being purchased by the CTA. Note that Flxible did sell several buses to De Ritter in Argentina at around this time. The 8650 was said to have demonstrated in Brazil as well as Argentina.