2200s @ Rosemont yard

2200fan

Drove past this afternoon, I saw maybe 20 cars there. Some still had the last day signs. I thought they were all gone.

They aren't running in revenue service. Not indicated if the last scrap contract has been awarded. Also not indicated if they will hit some cars at Harlem-Higgins.

They took away about 12 cars in the last week. I updated the rail roster which includes the ones that are still at Rosemont. Yes it's getting down to just the farewell cars that are left now. There may be a new push to bring those to Skokie now since the developments of the findings of the test train and Forest Park yard which was that they are keeping cars powered up in the yards to keep batteries fresh in cars, which was also occuring in stored cars in yards. I'm told the cars have difficulty moving if they don't do that. (although the blame really is on shorted circuits)

That may really throw a monkey wrench in the idea of stored cars unless they make dead tracks to store those on like at Skokie Shops and find an alternate way to keep the batteries fresh.

They took away about 12 cars in the last week. I updated the rail roster which includes the ones that are still at Rosemont. Yes it's getting down to just the farewell cars that are left now. There may be a new push to bring those to Skokie now since the developments of the findings of the test train and Forest Park yard which was that they are keeping cars powered up in the yards to keep batteries fresh in cars, which was also occuring in stored cars in yards. I'm told the cars have difficulty moving if they don't do that. (although the blame really is on shorted circuits)

That may really throw a monkey wrench in the idea of stored cars unless they make dead tracks to store those on like at Skokie Shops and find an alternate way to keep the batteries fresh.

Makes sense. Basically there isn't any reason to keep the cars in an active rail yard, so they should either send them to Skokie as fast as possible, or if the batteries are dead, find an electric locomotive and haul them there. Do the electric locomotives or cranes still exist?