Buses that u wont see on the road anytime soon

pace2322

Hey guys just want to let u know heres some buses u wont see on the road any time soon or not at all now. 2322 out of service do to fire will not fix 2361 out of service i been told ran over a person and the lawers dont want pace to used that bus anymore,6047 Brake fire will not fix,6173 hit a truck on 194 not going to fix 6241 Hit a truck in Joliet may be out of service for good and 6634 hit a pace bus that wil be fix someday.

Thanks.

I had previously noted that I had seen (from outside the fence) 6173 stripped in the South Holland yard and wondered why. The damage must be in the front, since it looked as though they were trying to save the body by putting plastic panels over the windows, but I guess not. Apparently cannibalized.

6634 must have been the one that hit the other Pace bus in Elgin about a month ago. From the TV report I saw, the windshield was damaged (in the manner safety glass usually is) but one couldn't tell from the video if there was other damage. (P.S., I also recognized the driver's name from another group.)

As usual, it looks as though the transit agencies around here (I certainly include the South Shore) are wrecking the new stuff first. CTA isn't immune, considering 6700 and at least 3 NABIs were seriously damaged (7520, the one with the fire on LSD, and the one that hit the apartment building on Jackson Blvd.). However, it looks like CTA also wrecks a lot of old equipment too.

About 1-1/2 years ago, Pace 6246 was in the South Holland yard with a smashed front end, but maybe they repaired that.

• 4 weeks later...

Doing like some other members and trolling around transit sites, I found a picture in the Orion VI portion of the Orion Tutorial portion of Transitalk, which is apparently a stripped Orion VI in the Pace South Holland facility yard. Is that 6047? It is apparently fairly recent, since there is a 2200 with the number painted over to the left of it.

Transitalk also has a couple of wrecks in its CTA/TMC and CTA/NovaBus galleries.

Also, for you photographers, is there any secret to getting inside the yard fence (that you would want to divulge)?:shy:

Also, for you photographers, is there any secret to getting inside the yard fence (that you would want to divulge)?:shy:

Although I am not a true photographer, I think the real answer

to your question would be simply get to be good friends with

either a driver, mechanic or garage superintendant. My first

experiences in bus garages were contacts with drivers...my uncle

being one (way back when).